I have been to SHBL 4 times. It is always wonderful. The diving is excellent with a wide variety of dives and levels of dives to accommodate the resort diver to the expert technical diver.
The location and food are excellent, conch fritters-oh man!!!!
Jeff and the staff are all wonderful. Everyone gets to know you. I have made life long friends on my trips to Andros.
Now if you don't drink and don't like to SCUBA dive, or at least snorkel, this may not be the best place for you. But, most of us like a little relaxation at the end of the day and SHBL knows how to provide that. The underwater sites are one of a kind.
Jeff has uniquely combined an environment were couples can feel romantic, families can feel safe and comfortable and solo travelers fit right in with the crowd. That is truly an amazing accomplishment.
I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas