Just back from Small Hope and very hard to pull on my snow boots and don my winter jacket again. I haven't had this much difficulty coming back to reality from a trip in a long time (and we've done some pretty amazing trips!).
I think the thing that struck me the most about Small Hope was the staff: they work so hard to make you feel at home, included and special. A trip like this can be risky when travelling with teens but our 15 and 17 yr. old boys had a blast - we were fortunate that there were some other families with teens there at the same time as us but even if there weren't, our boys enjoyed spending time with staff and guests of all ages. That's just the kind of atmosphere that permeates Small Hope.
The nitty gritty:
- the Discover Scuba Dive course for our boys (first time divers) went off without a hitch. The dive masters somehow manage to take their work and the safety of the guest divers very seriously while at the same time keeping everyone relaxed and having a good, fun time.
- the rooms are rustic but super-clean and the beds are very comfortable. I want to cry when I think of the view from our bedroom window... Sigh...
- the food: down-home, fresh, local and healthy. Desserts very satisfying!
- the open bar: they mean what they say! Pina Colada, where are you?
- staff in general: work hard, always smiling and helpful.
- dining room, games room, lounge, beach, hot tub, bikes, grounds: perfect. What else do you need, really?
Yes, I would return. There's little doubt there. If you go, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
Small Hope, Family Vacation, All Inclusive Resort, Scuba Diving or Andros Island, Bahamas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas