First confession: stayed here last year and didn't post a review. Didn't want the word to get out. Second confession: thought 'welcome to the family' was some kind of marketing slogan. Didn't realize right away that they actually mean it.
Our favourite place in the whole world. Steer clear if you're seeking posh/luxe.
Small Hope Bay offers a rustic, friendly, laid-back, glorious holiday. If you're a diver, you'll be in heaven. If you're not a diver (me), you'll be in heaven. Bring a stack of books and find your hammock. Stroll over to the hand-built ocean-front bar and try any one of the rum cocktails on offer.
It sort of pains me to be sharing this place ... but spreading the word is probably the right thing to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas