My daughter, Stephanie, and I recently visited Small Hope Bay to celebrate the completion of her first year as a teacher. Well....that's the reason we used, but we will use any reason to visit Small Hope! This is my 4th visit in 5 years -- need I say more? Their repeat business is huge and the reasons are obvious. It truly is a place where you feel like part of the family. The staff really does care if you are having a good time and they go out of their way to take care of you! They eat with us, talk with us and remember us each time we return. The accomodations are more than adequate and on my most recent trip I was able to lie on my bed and enjoy a beautiful view of the ocean!. The food is delicious and varied. On our most recent trip we enjoyed several days of snorkeling (we are avid snorkelers, not divers) and when I say they went out of their way to take us to good snorkeling sites, I mean it! There is wonderful snorkeling on the Andros reef and there's nothing like immersing yourself in that clear, warm water! We also kayaked, bicycled to town, walked the beach and spent time on that wonderful sport called "lying in a hammock and reading!" The days at Small Hope are marked by a wonderful, relaxing rhythm -- breakfast, fun activity, lunch, fun activity, shower, conch fritters, dinner, a quiet evening and bedtime. It's not fancy, but it is delightful. There are many beautiful places in the Bahamas to visit, but we sure like going to place that feels like home and where "everybody knows your name!" See you next year Small Hope!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas