It is easy to see why this resort is listed in the book "1000 places you must see before you die" as well as being cited in the NHY Times as a must see resort- It is quite wonderful and unique for divers, walkers, fishermen, bird watchers, relaxers alike. This is confirmed by the scores of visitors who return every year- some for 20+ years. The staff is wonderful. You will make friends of other visitors from day one.
This is NOT a glitzy Atlantis type resort... and that is to its favor. You learn to relax, contemplate and do activities as you please. You can be as social or a alone as you wish. The staff and owner is very accommodating. The food is local and superb. Drinks are included. On my visits I have met wonderful people from many occupations, preoccupations and countries. While there you are truly treated like family. Kids and animals are welcome and are a part of the experience. We plan to return often
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas