Our annual trip to Small Hope Bay Lodge in the Bahamas was better than ever this year because we were able to link up with friends Linda and Dallas from Buffalo, NY and their group. The four of us were on site a couple of days early and left them in charge for a few days after we left.
Our travel plans (and theirs) were incomplete due to the ravages of Hurricane Sandy. It turned out that our AirTran connection through Atlanta was still in place, although theirs through LaGuardia had to be rerouted to Atlanta as well. That made the last leg of the trip from Nassau a breeze because Glen of Glen Air was able to accommodate the various arrival times and we didn't have to miss any connections to Andros on a regularly scheduled airline. That last leg was free as well, thanks to Small Hope Bay Lodge's special arrangement for groups arriving via Nassau.
We were able to make our favorite early morning wall dive every morning at 7 AM. Did I mention yet that the dive staff are willing to make any/all of your diving wishes happen? How about a night dive that starts at 5:30 because it was dark by then? "Sure, mon."
The food was great because of the talent of Chef Cindy - the newest addition to owner Jeff Birch's kitchen staff. She even came out and sat with us for her own dinner. Plus, she prepared separate spaghetti dinners for Peter and The Captain every night because that was their request.
The weather was perfect with little or no wind, calm seas, warm days and cool nights that needed a blanket.
All-in-all it was perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas