Three friends and I just spent 3 nights at the Small Hope Bay Lodge, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a classic example of the rustic out-island getaway, having been built in 1960 by Dick Birch. It is not a full service, high end resort with masseuse, spa, extensive wine list, etc. It is a very laid back, all inclusive (including drinks), fishing and diving resort. The buildings were all built in the 1960s and reminded me of summer camp, with a main lodge building and small rustic cabins. The food was excellent and plentiful. They maintain an open bar, with soft drinks, beer and liquor available at all times. The diving was good with 80-100 foot visibilities. But, the best thing about this resort is the staff. Jeff Birch (Dick's son) runs the place and he seems to be everywhere at one time. The staff is very friendly and you get to know them well as they mingle and socialize with all of the guests. All in all, I was very pleased and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas