Our group of six enjoyed Small Hope's people and weather along with diving and relaxing for a week. The ambiance was restful and the warmth intoxicating after late fall in Gloucester, MA. We'd had a big snowfall on Halloween and were in the mood for some of Andros' 80 degree water to dive into.
We weren't disappointed. My thin summer wetsuit was perfectly fine in the early morning dives. I wasn't a bit cold in the 81 degree ocean.
Our cabin was #2. It was roomier than we'd remembered. I especially appreciated the piece of driftwood that was the clothes hook in the bathroom.
The best part of the trip, as always, was the friendly staff. From Terrence to Nicky to Jahdi to Brunha, Michelle and Renauldo - how many of your other vacations included folks on the staff helping you every day whose names you remember? It's one of Small Hope's most valuable and memorable components.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas