“Great place to learn how to SCUBA”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reel Tight Charters - CLOSED

Reel Tight Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Reel Tight Charters offers a variety of services throughout South Andros Island and the other Islands of the Bahamas including: Deep Sea Fishing and Reef Fishing Charters, Scuba Diving Lessons, Reef Diving, Wreck Diving, Wall Diving and more, Snorkeling and Spearfishing Excursions, Private Island Getaways, Inter-Island Ferry Service by Charter, Captain Services from Florida to the Bahamas and throughout the Bahamas.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to learn how to SCUBA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We learned how to SCUBA dive with Jesse and Roggie. Jesse was a GREAT teacher and made the whole thing very easy. I was super intimidated about SCUBA'ing, but everyone made me feel so comfortable with it! Jesse is a great teacher and Roggie knows so much about the island! Ask him about his celebrity clients!

We went in November 2009, and promised to leave a review. Unfortunately, life got away from us, and I didn't get around to it until now. But our time was so wonderful, I felt really strongly that I should leave a review for the Reel Tight guys!

This is a really good place to start learning how to SCUBA. I was very nervous about the whole thing, I don't think I could have handled seeing something scary in the water. We saw a few barracuda and an eel, but nothing super intimidating. We saw a ship wreck and did a 110 foot dive in a cave, which was very nice too. It was good to learn about SCUBA diving in a relaxing environment, since its important to know how your equipment works. Since then, my husband and I have gone diving in Costa Rica, Hawaii and Maldives -we've seen turtles, small octopus, whales, dolphins, reef shark and other things I can't remember right now!

HARTFORD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“REEL TIGHT CHARTERS - SOUTH ANDROS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

I just returned from South Andros in the Bahamas and had a VERY good experience with Reel Tight Charters.
While I have enjoyed bonefishing the flats on several occassions in Andros, Reel Tight Charters was able to offer me something that no one else on Andros does... Offshore waters!!!
Captain Roggie and first mate Steve were very accomadating to my deep water jigging request. They put us on several variety of snapper, grouper and jack!! School size black fin tuna were always a short cast from the boat... A giant herd of yellow tailed jack kept us company around the boat for a while...
If you are looking for a way to get offshore while you are on Andros, Reel Tight Charters is the way to go!!!!!

Orlando, Florida
“Very knowledgeable, friendly and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Our group of 5 guys came to Andros to freedive and spearfish. The high winds and rough seas limited where we could go, but we still had a productive and fun weekend with Rogie. Rogie really knows this area, having been born and raised here, and he knows where the fish are. And, if need be, he is VERY capable of getting in the water and helping you get the fish out.
Because of the rough weather, we only got in a couple of 1/2 days diving in relatively shallow water the first 2 days, around some blue holes for lobster, etc. But we got more than enough grouper, hogfish and lobster to eat, and there was plenty to see underwater.
Our last day, we decided to brave the 6 foot seas, and we're glad we did. We pulled a bunch of real nice groupers out of the rocks, and ended up with a pretty full cooler of beautiful fillets and lobster tails to take home.
Rogie is great; knows everything about Andros and the surrounding waters. He pointed us to the best places to eat and drink, was reasonable about price when our days were weather-shortened, and really made our time on, and in, the water enjoyable.
I highly recommend Captain Rogie and Reel Tight Charters.

Charlotte, NC
“If you are lucky enough to be in South Andros, don't miss Roggie and Gerald.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

Our 6 year old and 4 year old watched spear hunter on the outdoor channel and got to meet their TV star heros Roggie and Gerald during on trip on South Andros Island. Gerald took all of us out for a fishing, snorkeling, and spear fishing trip on morning off of Congo Town beach. It was a highlight of the trip for kids and for us. Two of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect summer trip On Andros”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

After rising to perfect weather on a september morning in the Bahamas, I met captain Rogie at driggs hill harbor for a day full of diving. We dove various spots. with depths rangin from 40 feet to five feet of water. With every new location,the local flora and beautiful coral reef ecosystem was simply breath-taking. I was on the charter with three of my good friends from university,and all of us had the best time in the water. Every diver caught at least four bahamian lobster, and everyone went home with a smile on their face. The bahamian coral reef is unlike any other diving spot in the world. In addition to the lobster, grouper and ten pound plus hogfish werefound on the reef.
If the day wasnt reat enough yet,CAptain Rogie invited us back to Driggs Hill later that night for a seafood dinner. The same lobster, conch and grouper we found that morning were prepared in authentic island style. My friends and i were simply amazed at the generosity and kindness of Captain Rogie. I literally watched as he prepared cracked conch salad at a local restaurant. One of the best times I have had in the Bahamian Islands.