“Outstanding Natural Adventure Guide-Capt Roggie”
Review of Reel Tight Charters - CLOSED

Reel Tight Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Reel Tight Charters offers a variety of services throughout South Andros Island and the other Islands of the Bahamas including: Deep Sea Fishing and Reef Fishing Charters, Scuba Diving Lessons, Reef Diving, Wreck Diving, Wall Diving and more, Snorkeling and Spearfishing Excursions, Private Island Getaways, Inter-Island Ferry Service by Charter, Captain Services from Florida to the Bahamas and throughout the Bahamas.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Outstanding Natural Adventure Guide-Capt Roggie”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Roggie was described as the top natural guide on South Andros and he really lived up to the reputation. He has an unparalleled knowledge of the natural and marine environments, intimate knowledge of the island's navigable waters and is a recognized leader on Andros for conservation of the island's incredible natural resources. The trip up the South Bight was amazing. Porpoises, sea turtles, tarpon, amazing fish and even more remarkable, untouched landscape. He also knows where the fish are. He took us on two reef and blue hole dives that were incredible. Amazing coral and fish.

Visited March 2011

vancouver bc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Roggie Rocks!!! Steve Swims!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We had two snorkel adventures with Roggie. He was prompt, friendly and accommodating. He took our group to spear fish lobster and collect conch. He took us to blue holes and reefs. He tailored both trips to our wants and needs. The snorkeling is fantastic around Andros, and the reef is a marvel. Steve, his first mate, is a daring diver who made sure we stayed in a safe area and saw lots of fish and marine life. Reel Tight provided the best snorkel trips we have ever been on.

Visited March 2011
Cambridge, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Fishing: Roggie is Hardworking, Knowledgeable, and Friendly!”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We were in Andros for our honeymoon, and stayed at Emerald Palms. With our hotel package the resort gave us a complimentary sunset boat ride with Roggie. Roggie took us on a 45 minute ride and we had a clear view of the sunset. We mentioned to Roggie we had read many positive reviews of his guide service, and wanted to go but some personal things got in the way of us booking the fishing trip. Despite the very short notice he offered to take us out the next morning before a scuba group. He was very sincere when he said he wanted us to have this experience as part of our honeymoon!

I love fishing offshore and have been out with dozens of guides, Roggie definitely stands out as having great knowledge, well-maintained equipment, a strong work ethic, and a cheerful attitude. You can tell that he cares about you catching fish and having a good time, and his crew were also friendly and cheerful. When we return to Andros we're definitely going fishing with Roggie at least one full day. I have already told all my fishing friends to book a trip with Roggie!

Visited January 2011
Charleston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sensational Guide and Spearfishing!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Me and fellow spearo Tanner just got back from South Andros Bahamas were we went out spearfishing with Roggie. We went out with him two days and had great success! He is extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the waters around Andros. It was some of the best spearfishing I’ve ever seen. Ill let the pictures speak for the selves!

Visited January 2011
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to learn how to SCUBA”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We learned how to SCUBA dive with Jesse and Roggie. Jesse was a GREAT teacher and made the whole thing very easy. I was super intimidated about SCUBA'ing, but everyone made me feel so comfortable with it! Jesse is a great teacher and Roggie knows so much about the island! Ask him about his celebrity clients!

We went in November 2009, and promised to leave a review. Unfortunately, life got away from us, and I didn't get around to it until now. But our time was so wonderful, I felt really strongly that I should leave a review for the Reel Tight guys!

This is a really good place to start learning how to SCUBA. I was very nervous about the whole thing, I don't think I could have handled seeing something scary in the water. We saw a few barracuda and an eel, but nothing super intimidating. We saw a ship wreck and did a 110 foot dive in a cave, which was very nice too. It was good to learn about SCUBA diving in a relaxing environment, since its important to know how your equipment works. Since then, my husband and I have gone diving in Costa Rica, Hawaii and Maldives -we've seen turtles, small octopus, whales, dolphins, reef shark and other things I can't remember right now!