“Great place for the Barefoot Man Concert”

Nippers Beach Bar & Grill
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went for the concert this past July and had an amazing time. I love this place. It's so much fun! The beach is great too. You can snorkel just off the beach.

1  Thank Mlazcos

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went to Nipper's following our scuba dive and treated to a great island time experience at Nippers. From the docks you take about a 10 minute walk up a dirt road ( just follow the crowds) and you find yourself at a collection of pool, patios, and terraces that is Nippers. The music is great, the bar service is fast, the drinks are good, the food delicious, the crowd fun. We were there for the Sunday Pig Roast which was surprisingly good ( though it's just a buffet line and not a pig picking ala North Carolina pig roasts). The crowd was there for a good time and making the most of it, lots of dancing and drinking, people hanging out in the two pools, and just chillin'. The views of the beach and the Atlantic were spectacular and we wished we had more time to enjoy the beach and the rest of the afternoon at Nippers.

1  Thank LIV2FLY
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stopped at Nippers for lunch on our way to Small Harbour from Treasure Cay. We had the cracked lobster and counch fritters along with GoomBay Smashes. Our group decided the meal was the best we had yet experienced in Abaco. We sat on the lower deck (it was windy that day) and enjoyed the amazing view of the water along the reef. After lunch, we walked along the beautiful, white beach and relaxed until mid-afternoon.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We visited Guana in March for our anniversary. We stayed next to Nippers. We knew that Barefoot man was going to be at Nippers the first weekend we were there and expected it to be busy and loud, which it was. What I didnt expect was that the place was loud and got louder all week long at night and louder the closer it got to 1 AM. They have no regard for the neighbors who may not want to be drunk and screaming all night long but would like to rest and relax which is what Guana Cay is about. There is nothing like falling asleep to BOOM BOOM BOOM every night in the Islands. There was a pleasant level of music during the day but at night it was turned up to the extreme. Even with earplugs it was too loud while trying to sleep.

Also the customer service is very poor. It is difficult to even get a smile out of many of the employees. When asking about happy hour, everyone seemed annoyed and new nothing about if there was going to be one or not. One lady even talked on her cell phone while I was ordering my drink and food, she stayed on the phone talking and missed my food order and acted annoyed when I had to ask for her again.

The pool was dirty, floating with bugs and straws and hair, not very inviting. There were not enough pool chairs and loungers and some were even cracked and broken. Trust me I was not expecting 5 star resort but this place could use a little help in some major areas.
Nipper drink was good. We bought the tumbler which was too expensive but I guess saved us a litte in refills
I will say that I struggled to possibly rate this average because of the location which is on a beautiful beach and the sunday pig roast, which was delicious, but the other things outweighed these for us this trip.

1  Thank Robyn9925
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Don't overthink it. It is exactly what it is supposed to be--a restaurant/bar on a beach. Lots of fun. Even (especially?) for two fifty year olds. We were skeptical, especially since it was spring break and we didn't even do spring break thirty years ago. But this place was so relaxed and happy. It was a nice surprise.