“Great 360 View from the top”

Hope Town Lighthouse
More attraction details
Owner description: This peppermint-striped lighthouse is one of the few remaining lighthouses in the Caribbean that is still man-operated.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It was a long walk up but completely worth the view you see once you get there; although getting out onto the outside platform is a bit of a challenge.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I took my Grandson at age 4 years. He was enthralled. We return to Abaco every year, so he remembers the lighthouse. We talk about it and he feels especially lucky to have met Dave Gale, who was instrumental in preserving the lighthouse.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I loved the view from the top and the age of the lighthouse.
I did not like the walk up or down I have a bad knee. Good exercise if my knee would have been happier

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The climb was easier than I figured it would be and the views while going up and finally at the top are spectacular. Looking down on all the colors of the buildings of Hope Town and the wonderful shades of blues, greens and purples of the water and all the surrounding islands from Marsh Harbour and Man-o-War and Lubbers. Everyone needs to help contribute to the restoration of the lighthouse. One of the last gas powered man powered in the world. I contribute annually and every time I stop through the area.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The view from the lighthouse is amazing! You must take time to go to the top - it's worth it!