“Spectacular beach, regardless of tide”
Review of Gold Rock Beach

Gold Rock Beach
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.99*
and up
Bahamas East End and Lucayan National Park Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: This beach is as pretty as a postcard, with smooth white sands and clear blue waters.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you go to Grand Bahama Island, make sure to spend some time in this beach. It's utterly beautiful, easily accessible, and good to spend time in regardless of the tide.

Getting There:
About ten miles east of Freeport down the highway, it's not hard to find. Assuming you're heading east, the beach is on the right side of the road, while the Lucayan National Park is on the left side.

Changing Areas:
On the left side of the road at Lucayan National Park are a couple bathrooms that allow for changing into swimsuits. However, you might need to pay for this -- I was visiting Lucayan National Park and had already paid for entrance, so I can't say definitively.

Beach:
It's amazing! Beautiful water that was warm even in December, sandbars that curled through the surf (check my picture) and a beach that stretched for miles and miles. I had been warned that you needed to be there in low tide, but I wasn't and still had a whale of a time.

2  Thank James K
All reviews
"low tide"
in 96 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 22 reviews
in 7 reviews
"sand dollars"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 25, 2014

It's the beach where Pirates of the Caribbean 3 was shot. Very beautiful and peaceful. I wish we had more time to spend there.

1  Thank Tasha596
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We rented a car and went to the Lucayan National Park. It was a beautiful place, but we wanted to go to the beach afterwards. The Gold rock Beach is just across the road. When I first came to the Gold Rock beach I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like a different planet, completely secluded and the longest beach I have ever seen. The water is crystal clear and there is no people around. The trees are absolutely stunning: all different shapes and types. We saw a raccoon running, sand was so untouched and clean.
But when we came back at night, there was no beach any more, there was a high tide. A moon was reflecting in the water and everything looked dreamlike.
The beach is far from the town that's is why people are not coming there so often.
If you want to unwind and relax - this is the best place for you!

1  Thank Nutella2014
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went here with a tour company at the end of the Cave and National Park tour. Best part of our tour by far! Few crowds, crystal blue waters, white sandy beaches, and drift wood perfect for taking pictures. A far drive from the resorts, but well worth it!

1  Thank Chris J