“Casino small but a good distraction”

Casino at the Radisson Grand Lucayan
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Not your typical casino
small and similar to a cruse ship
only casino in town
Ok for a rainy day liv4ens up when the ships are in

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was there over Christmas and heard by word of mouth that there was jazz and a steak dinner special for $20 at the Casino on Wednesday evenings. When we stopped by to get some US cash, we once again asked the security guard at the entrance, as these things often change. She said it wasn't on anymore. Less than 15 steps away I noticed the chef and went over to say hello and mentioned I was sorry the jazz/steak special wasn't on. She said it was, so I said you'd better tell the security guard. She told the manager at the bar who TELEPHONED the security guard! OK, so we go over Wednesday night, very few customers there but we order the steak special. The waitress says there is NO steak special so we say the only reason we came was for the $20 steak. She says she has to ask the chef and comes back with a one time only offer of $20 steak dinners. The steak WAS FABULOUS and the food was good. The jazz entertainment was fine but with LOUDSPEAKERS; it might have been fine if it was treated more intimately and not like a rock and roll concert. The casino is smokey, and with this much hassle, we're unlikely to return. But I hear the Sunday brunch is pretty good...

1  Thank Victoria H
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just spent two weeks in Freeport and had the opportunity of visiting the Casino several times. During that period of time the employees of the casino received a letter from Treasure Bay indicating that they would be withdrawing from the management of this attraction. There was talk that the Bahamian Government already had a replacement for Treasure Bay; but, no one was really sure. Unsure whether the casino is open or not at this time. On a side note, the customer service went down hill after the employees received their letter of notice. Probably something to be expected.

5  Thank Kasey C
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went to visit the Casino and asked if they had shows (Like Vegas) but the Casino was very lacking of any sort of entertainment. The place was smoked filled and as about as exciting as having a root canal

Reviewed January 29, 2013

When I visit with my wife it was can of dead inside. We did get $10.00 each for signing up for their players club which you use in the slots. Did not lose any of my own money.

1  Thank soxfan4444