“Don't leave the Grand Bahamas without doing this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trikk Pony Adventures - CLOSED

Trikk Pony Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Horseback riding on the beach.
Seal Beach, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Don't leave the Grand Bahamas without doing this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went to the Grand Bahamas with my 2 best friends and we debated going horseback riding. I am so glad that we chose to do this! This is a small, privately ran company. I assumed this was a huge company with a lot of employees because the website is so professional, and communication via email is very easy.

Leo owns the company and she is absolutely fantastic. Before we arrived, she asked for our ages, heights, weights, and riding experience. Based on this, she chose specific horses for each one of us. It's obvious that she takes great care of her horses and knows them very well.
After talking to us for a bit, she put the animal lover of the group with the more calm horse, and she put me (the more outgoing one) with the horse that needed his reins pulled in more often. All three of us felt so comfortable with the horses she chose for us--and all three of them were very different!

We had a huge downpour during our ride, but we love adventure so it didn't bother us. Leo took our camera at the beginning of the ride and took several pictures of us on our horses. I loved that, because we obviously wanted pictures of our ride!

We forgot to bring towels, and we needed them for our picnic because our clothes were drenched from the rain. Leo actually drove by and let us borrow towels from her!

After the ride, the rain cleared up, and we had the most amazing picnic. Leo made us bahama mamas and was so fun to sit and chat with her.

If I could give Trikk Pony a 10, I would. This was an incredible experience and Leo is wonderful. Don't miss it!!!!!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank MMGLA

Canton, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“IF 1 word could slightly describe Trikk Pony, Leo and the experience AWESOME......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Grabbing the taxi at the port is no problem. Its a $10 round trip fare per person. We were dropped off accross from the Grand Lucayan hotel. We were picked up promptly at 945, Leo and horse trailer in tow. We drove only a short few minutes to a private and primitive beach. Only 2 very quiet private condo residences sit back from the beach. Leo is very personable and the horses were very well trained. Gentle. We had a beautiful ride along the beach and in the water for a swim on horse back. SERENITY, BEAUTY AND TRANQUILTY. The power of the horses against the tide with water to and over their backs. They enjoyed it themselves Im sure of it. We road Sundancer and Romeo. Beauty in motion. (Yes I am a horse lover and I have taken racing horses to swim with my Uncle John their owner. But to experience the ride on sand and in the ocean. WOW.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank SHELMARTY
Atlanta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

had a lot of fun riding in the ocean. my mother and i were picked up right on time, and enjoyed our experience. for the cost i would have liked to ride a bit longer, but overall it was enjoyable. Leo is a great guide, easiest is to make arrangements via email or facebook.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank grantparkgal
INDIANAPOLIS
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I enjoyed my horseback ridding experience with Leo a couple of summers back. She picked me up close to my resort and off we went! Great service, fun times and it's a pleasure you don't want to miss. Leo took my pics while she was in motion and every pic came out great. I'll be sending family business your way soon.

Happy Travel Agent

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Adventures247
Delray Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing ride and lunch included!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I highly recommend this ride and to be honest it's my favorite activity yet in the Bahamas!!! We had such a blast. Leo picked us up at the hotel and took us to the beach. We road down a path through a gorgeous wooded area that opened up to the white sandy beach. It was breathtaking! We road down the beach, and into the water. The horses loved being in the water as much as we did. Then we road up through another gorgeous wooded trail and back down to the beach for more riding. Afterwards, Leo brought a table out to the beach with all sorts of wonderful food. We had nice drinks, ate lunch, played frisbee on the beach, and made lifelong memories! (Everything is included in the very reasonable rate!)

This is an amazing experience -- especially for couples and for families with older children. When we go back to the Island later this year, I plan to take several of my girlfriends along and do this ride again! Don't miss this RIDE!

Visited March 2013