I went on vacation to Memories Grand Bahama Beach, and it was absolutely wonderful! The hotel was great! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beach was absolutely gorgeous, and the pool was great to lounge by. My friend and I booked our trip through Vacation Express. We had a direct flight to and from Freeport with Bahamas Air. We also booked the connections to take us to and from the hotel. This worked out great for us, with the exception of standing in line for nearly an hour to check our luggage when we were leaving Freeport. Something was happening with the computers at the counter, I believe. Overall, I would recommend booking trips through Vacation Express. They have great customer service.
One thing to note about Memories and probably traveling to Freeport in general. We traveled in late June, and the resort was nice and quiet. To my friend and I, it was the perfect amount of guests. We also got a seat by the pool and on the beach. We asked some of the staff about their busy season, and they said it was February to April, and I believe July to September. June is obviously a great time to go, and I'll be planning my trips there again during that time of the year.
Highlights from my trip that I would suggest to others:
1. Go to the fish fry on Wednesday night. It's outside of the hotel, so you'll either have to take a cap or a personal shuttle. Talk with the concierge about it. It's a local event that takes place every Wednesday night, but lots of tourists go. There are actually two areas for the fish fry, the front and back. The front is where all the tourist are, and the back is where all the locals are. We stayed up front and enjoyed some fresh fish and couch fritters.
2. Drink several Bahama Mommas, Rum punches, and fruit punches. I think the fruit punch in the Bahamas is some of the best fruit punch I've ever had. When you mix it with rum and other alcohol, it's even better!
3. Try all the restaurants on the property at least once to say you've tried everything. I enjoyed my meals at all the restaurants, but especially enjoyed the sushi at the Japanese restaurant and everything at the buffet inside the hotel. I loved the various options each day for lunch. I will say that I wasn't as impressed with the steakhouse as I'd hope I'd be. It was good, but not as good as everyone kept saying.
4. Take water aerobics! I had a lot of fun taking water aerobics under the activity staff, Antone and Malik. They were a lot of fun, and I truly felt like I had a workout.
5. Visit the Port Lucaya. It's across the street, and I only discovered it like 2 days before my trip was about to end. They have lots of shops and restaurants over there, as well as locals selling their hand crafted merchandise. They also have a little square there with live entertainment in the evenings. We heard some pretty great bands there on Friday and Saturday night.
While I had an amazing stay, and I certainly plan to return, I do have a few suggestions to the hotel.
My suggestions are:
1. Add one food option that's 24 hours. Cruise ships have a pizza bar. I think this could be a great option for Memories.
2. Cover the food at the pool bar with food covers instead of plastic wrap and/or aluminum foil. The food covers, like those in the sports bar, will ensure the birds don't get away with all the wonderful food your cooks prepared.
3. Put hand sanitizer stations up near all food spots. It will be helpful if folks could just grab some hand sanitizer before grabbing their food from the bar.
For anyone visiting Memories, you will love it. it's super relaxing, especially in late June. We did a Wednesday to Sunday stay, and it was perfect. I think most of the guest started to arrive Saturday and Sunday, so the hotel started to get busy. We left just in time.
I would strongly recommend Memories to others. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Memories Grand Bahama Beach and Casino Resort is an all inclusive beachfront property with 3 restaurants and 6 bars on-site. Special inclusions like Free Greens Fees at the nearby Robert Trent Jones Jr golf course, Free WiFi Throughout, and an onsite waterslide make it great fall couples, families, and anyone looking for a beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Memories Grand Bahama Beach and Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Memories Grand Bahama Beach And Casino Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island