“A Dream Come True!”

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Hudson, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Dream Come True!”
Reviewed May 11, 2006

I have always dreamed of swimming with dolphins, and for my 30th birthday, my dream came true! After looking at UNEXSO's website and talking to the employees, my decision was made to travel to Freeport...The dolphin experience was better than I had imagined! I did the dolphin encounter with my four year old daughter who is still talking about getting kissed by Abaco! The program was extremely informative and entertaining--the dolphins were just so amazing to be around. They did tons of tricks for us that kept both my daughter and myself sitting there in awe of the beauty of the dolphins...

My mom then watched my daughter for me while a friend and I did the dolphin swim...If you are debating about whether or not to do the swim, pay the extra money and do the swim! It is so amazing to be swimming right along with them! We raced around the lagoon with them, dove underwater with them, and just played in the water with them. At the end of your time in the water, the trainers have you give the dolphins hand signals while they perform tricks right in front of you. I think that I had a permanent smile on my face throughout the whole experience.

A couple of tips...bring a waterproof camera if you are going to do the encounter. They don't let you bring regular cameras because the dolphins are definitely going to splash you while they are doing tricks! Bring a pair of goggles with you during the swim so that you can dive underwater with the dolphins and watch them while you are diving with them!

The dolphins seemed very well taken care of and happy. What a great time...I would definitely do it again!

4 Thank toesinthesand76

Pine Bush
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“very fun”
Reviewed July 23, 2005

My husband and I signed up to do the swim. Even though I wanted to only do the encounter not the actuall swim with them I figured I would go along with my husband and do what he wanted. Well I should have listened to my innervoice. I got in the water with them, and was not scared of the dolphins at all. Just the thought of not being able to touch bottom and not being that good of a swimmer, even though you do wear a life vest. I proceded to have a panic attack and swam back to the trainers as best I could telling them I had to get out. I was prepared to simply sit and watch my husband do the dolphin swim. But the one trainer very nicely offered for me to go over and do the encounter instead. That is where you simply stand on a platform in the water and touch, kiss and dance with the dolphin. Which suited me just fine. All in all I would say this is a must do. Oh and I think these dolphins are so well taken care of on Blue Lagoon Island. They have one that is 38 years old, they usually only live to 25. But because she is so well taken care of and has no predators to look out for she has had a very happy long life.

27 Thank Autumnrain64
Holly Springs, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2005

While on our 15th anniversary we swam with the dolphins. It was a once in a lifetime experience. We took a short boat ride out into the ocean and then into a lagoon. There was a short information session about the dolphins kept there and then on to the swim. I thought I'd be nervous in the water with the dolphin but our group of 9 was divided into 5 and 4. Having a small group gave us more time to swim in the open water. It helped me to have others in the water with me and after swimming with the dolphin I wanted to take him home. He was gentle and sweet. Major tip: bring some goggles so you can open your eyes and see the dolphin swimming beside you. I would highly recommend swimming over the encounter. It's more money but definitely worth it!

21 Thank duke100
losangeles, calif.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Dolphin/Boose Cruise”
Reviewed February 8, 2005

The trip was nice but had some problems. The weather was alittle cold. It was too cold for me to get into the water. I took 11 of my family, there 1st time . They all were freezing but still got into the water and had a good time. It was raining from time to time.They swam with the dolphins and loved it . One of our kids would not get into the water after I paid 85.00 for her to get in waiste high. We Took the Boose Cruse I would recemend it.We had the best time. You will find it advertised all over or go out back at the Atlantis there will be a man dressed in white selling the tickets. First they pick you up at your hotel and take you to the big boat. You will snorkel if you like on a reef for 45 min.then they go to a beach let you off if you like for 1 yr and you can rent jet ski or just relax on the boat or beach . they serve food /the drinks are all you can drink free and then they take you on the boat all over the bay. They get you all on top of the boat and play disco and all kinds of music. you go by all the cruse ships and everyone hears the music and they are dancing from there boat from your music all waving hello. its the best 4hr trip to take..they bring you back to hotel. I will never go in Jan again need warmer weather..

28 Thank cococo1
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“fascinating experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2004

We have just returned from our one week vacation in Freeport. The main purpose of our trip was to swim and dive with the dolphins in the open ocean, all unique programs offered by UNEXSO. Our expectations were either met or exceeded by UNEXSO and we can only highly recommend them to those who love diving and are fascinated by the dolphins.
UNEXSO have everything one would expect from a professional dive operation - good boats, very good rental equipment, very porfessional staff.
As for the dolphins - the experience can not be described in words. You must see it for yourself. Finally, I am checking the weather forcast a few times a day now hoping hurricane Frances will not go throught Freeport...

8 Thank katepg