“Professional Diving and Great Restaraunt” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional Diving and Great Restaraunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Discover diving, dolphin experience, reefs and sharks...we have done all of these and found the staff and experience to be top notch. And the Dive In restaurant is a great location and tasty food. Kids love the burgers and fish and chips.

1 Thank Linda M

usa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beach wear and souvenirs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

As well as all the diving ops and dolphin tours, the shop has some nice things to browse among, from kids clothes and toys to adults outfits, plus some quirky gifts choices to take home......

Visited March 2014
1 Thank prl42
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“great dives! great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I took my PADI at the Unexso and keep on going back for dives. The instructors (I had 2) were great. I have been diving there for the last 5 years and can't wait to go back for anothe night dive! The staff taking you is very knowledgable and helpful. I always struggle with the weight of the bottle when going back on the boat and they really are making it easy for me. I did the shark dive, the dolphin dive, one night dive and "normal dives", one tank and 2 tanks. The equipment is great, up to date. I feel totally safe. I also enjoy getting some cookies/cake at the Dive-in to take with me on the boat to eat between dives and having a meal there afterwards.

Warsaw, Indiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Swimming with the dolphins”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We took about a 15 minute boat ride to the lagoon. Once there we were given flippers to wear, they have life jackets for those not comfortable in the water. After a brief rules talk they separated us into groups, swimmers and photographers. They kept the families together which was a plus but then you had to rely on complete strangers to take your pictures, if you brought your own cameras. The swim was fun but like any animal the dolphins sometimes did not listen. This took some time to get their attention back. That is really the only thing keeping me from rating this a 5. The dolphins did tricks for you. And the staff also took pictures at the end for you. If you are wanting all of your pictures then bring about $50 for them. For a family of 4 it cost about $800. It was a once in a lifetime event for us so we paid it and my family was not disappointed.

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AMAZING experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We spent a week in Freeport and the Swim with Dolphins was on my must do list!
I did the Swim with the Dolphins and my two friends did the Dolphin Encounter. There is quite a price difference, but the Swim with Dolphins was MORE than worth it.
We were split into 2 groups (10 people total) and 5 people were in the water at a time. Each person was sent out one by one with the dolphin, or in pairs if you came together, and had about 5 mins to swim with the dolphins solo. After, you were shown how to cue the dolphins for tricks and got to slow swim, kiss, hug, and command them with other cues. Probably around 30 mins in the water total.
The dolphins, Coral and Exuma, were amazing and very sweet. They also had them perform at the end and give us a little show.
I loved that we were split into two groups and were allowed to hand off cameras to the other group so they could take pictures while we were in the water. I thought personal photography would be off limits with the photographer there, but they welcomed it (it was NOT permitted at the Dolphin Encounter until the very end, when they did a show). I adored the pictures that were taken of me by Unexso so I ended up buying all of them anyways, but it was awesome to have pictures of us free swimming etc...
Our captain, Marvin, was great and hilarious, and the trainers were awesome and very welcoming (I believe one was named Omar?).