“Great diving & staff”

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great diving & staff”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We dove with UNEXSO 5 days and it was great. The staff were AWESOME - safe, knowledgeable and very friendly. We had great dives, sharks on almost all dives. We also did the shark dive, which was great as well - very close up experience with the sharks and giant groupers. Would love to go back & dive with them again some day.

Visited March 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“UNEXO diving trip”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were on a Carnival cruise and took a diving excursion through UNEXO and were so happy we went. We got our diving certification in the US in a lake and this was our first "real open water dive." I was scared out of my mind when they started talking about an 80 ft dive and was going to sit out. The deepest I had gone was 25 ft. I was extremely panicked. Steven was completely understanding and promised that he would be with me the entire way. If I got down and felt uncomfortable he promised to bring me immediately back up. Well, once I got down I was extremely comfortable and he checked with me multiple times. I could not have been happier with our dive masters. Steven and Keith were completely understanding and absolutely amazing. If they had not been with us I don't think I would have gone. Thank you so much!

1 Thank Crystal F
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“What an amazing experience to swim with dolphins!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My daughter (age 11) and I really had a great experience swimming with the dolphins! This is a well run professional outfit. We did the swim in their protected lagoon and it was magical! A true once in a lifetime experience. You get to swim and do tricks with the dolphins. There is a kiss and a hug too! Lots of opportunities to take pictures and they have a photographer as well. The trainers are very professional and you can tell that they really care for the dolphins. I would highly recommend this experience when in Freeport Bahamas.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank momsonja
North Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“shark dive & dolphin experience”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

awesome. my husband loved the shark scuba dive and I enjoyed the dolphin experience. very professional outfit. nice staff and great day with an unforgettable experience. nice shop too.

Visited March 2014
Stony Mountain, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good place”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

They made room for my wife and I and were very professional! I enjoyed diving with them even with a full boat! I am new too diving and did not want to ruin the dive for more experienced divers so I was nervous! I took my time equalizing on the way down and never felt rushed or bothered when I was ready to ascend they made sure I new where and up I went without disturbing anyone else's dive! At the end the dive master gave me some tips and told me what I was really good at! I enjoyed my time with them above and below the water!

Visited February 2014