“UNEXO diving trip”

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were on a Carnival cruise and took a diving excursion through UNEXO and were so happy we went. We got our diving certification in the US in a lake and this was our first "real open water dive." I was scared out of my mind when they started talking about an 80 ft dive and was going to sit out. The deepest I had gone was 25 ft. I was extremely panicked. Steven was completely understanding and promised that he would be with me the entire way. If I got down and felt uncomfortable he promised to bring me immediately back up. Well, once I got down I was extremely comfortable and he checked with me multiple times. I could not have been happier with our dive masters. Steven and Keith were completely understanding and absolutely amazing. If they had not been with us I don't think I would have gone. Thank you so much!

1  Thank Crystal F
There are newer reviews for Unexso

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My daughter (age 11) and I really had a great experience swimming with the dolphins! This is a well run professional outfit. We did the swim in their protected lagoon and it was magical! A true once in a lifetime experience. You get to swim and do tricks with the dolphins. There is a kiss and a hug too! Lots of opportunities to take pictures and they have a photographer as well. The trainers are very professional and you can tell that they really care for the dolphins. I would highly recommend this experience when in Freeport Bahamas.

2  Thank momsonja
Reviewed March 2, 2014

awesome. my husband loved the shark scuba dive and I enjoyed the dolphin experience. very professional outfit. nice staff and great day with an unforgettable experience. nice shop too.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

They made room for my wife and I and were very professional! I enjoyed diving with them even with a full boat! I am new too diving and did not want to ruin the dive for more experienced divers so I was nervous! I took my time equalizing on the way down and never felt rushed or bothered when I was ready to ascend they made sure I new where and up I went without disturbing anyone else's dive! At the end the dive master gave me some tips and told me what I was really good at! I enjoyed my time with them above and below the water!

1  Thank Leigh K
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I would strongly suggest going on the Shark Dive. As for as Diving goes it is really easy, they just weigh you down and you go down on a line kneel down and sit there the whole time. I didn’t have enough weight on me so i had a hard time sitting still so over weigh your self. I didn’t expect to see sharks right away but as soon as a started descending i saw sharks below me it was kind of scary but with all the safety divers and the other feeder and camera guy i felt very safe. You sit there and watch the feeder feed 15-20 sharks then he brings them around and you can pet the sharks and he makes them go up on their nose straight up! It is unbelievable and i think that is what will set them apart from others is the feeder, is he so good with the sharks. They act like little puppies trying to get treats they are not scary at all when you are down there but you do keep reminding your self not to get to comfortable. You are not supposed to pet them unless he allows you to even though they are in reaching distance all the rules are there for a reason and makes me feel more safe. It was a really cool dive and we bought the video to prove we swam with sharks. You have to try it!

3  Thank Teri F