“Excellent Crew & Great Dives”
Review of Unexso

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Key Largo, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Crew & Great Dives”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My boyfriend & I, both PADI Instructors, went diving with Unexso while visiting Grand Bahama. They run a fantastic facility & I had the pleasure of meeting Christina, the head of ops, who regardless of how busy she was, took the time to chat with us & insure we were going to have a great experience- thanks girl! Also many thanks to the crew on board- Kelly & Tom- who were very accommodating and friendly. We were able to visit Shark Junction and as its name implies, it didn't disappoint, Caribbean Reef Sharks continually swimming by throughout the dive :) We are heading back in a couple weeks and will be sure to go out with them again!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MegsMac

Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Life Changing !!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We chose to do the Dolphin Swim at UNEXSO in Freeport while Cruising. I have one sentience. Worth EVERY PENNY !! Please if you can, do this !! My husband and I where in the water with one other couple and 2 Dolphins. It was quiet, intimate and beautiful.The facility is stunning and Patrick out guide and trainer was entertaining and knowledgeable. Captain Carl was GREAT! You take a 20 boat ride to the Dolphin sanctuary..it is gorgeous. There you break up into groups. Unlike other places they let/encourage you to take YOUR OWN pics !!! So the group 2 takes pics for group 1 then you switch. There were 6 people in the first group, we took pics of them...there were 4 in my group. You get plenty of one-on-one time with you Dolphin, just swimming with them, playing and petting. It was so special and emotional !! I can't say enough wonderful things about the experience. Truly we are already planning to go back !! I have not stopped talking about it !! Go to UNEXSO !!!! They have a good web presence so check out their website and Facebook pages. I have done other swims before and this was by far the best. This is not like Atlantis in Nassau, there is water park , etc... Here the Dolphin's ARE the attraction and all the time is spent with them. It is magical !! Thank you Patrick , Robala, Cayla and UNEXSO staff !!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kellye1963
Washington DC, District of Columbia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic Group Dive Destination!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

from the very start, working with Althea to arrange our dive shop's group diving trip, to the pick up at the airport, the diving (the ABSOLUTE BEST EVER), the accommodations next door at Pelican Bay to the final drop off back at the airport- this experience was stellar- I wouldn't have changed a thing. We were made to feel special all around and will definitely be back!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank washdclady
Tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Crew and Experiences”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at Pelican Bay and UNEXSO is located onsite.We did 10+ dives with the crew and each one was great. The Dolphin experience was great but we enjoyed the Shark Dive even better and would have done it again if our scheduled permitted. The crew set up our equipment each day and there are lockers to keep your gear overnight. I can't say enough about how professional the crew was and we enjoyed our time immensely. We will be back!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank hornbeac
Seneca, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Me and my husband went there this past week for our honeymoon and we had the best time ever meeting the friendly staff. The captains on the boat ride's name was Carl and he was the nicest guy ever and so funny. We enjoyed meeting with the dolphins Cayla and Coccoon and the amazing and funny trainers. I was so skeptical that this would be a waste of money and we would only get like 10 minutes with the dolphins but it was several hours and we had the best time ever. I highly recommend this excursion.

Visited August 2013