“Awesome diving experience”

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
“Awesome diving experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Booked Unexso for our diving for our group trip from Scuba Ventures in Shreveport, LA. Awesome staff, bent over backwards to get our dolphin dive in while we were in Freeport. Had a little bit of weather but we were able to get all our dives in. Dolphin dive and shark dive are a must. All of the staff were great and everyone had a great time. See y'all again soon. Unexso is awesome!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great boats, fantastic staff”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Unexso has it all. Great and comfortable dive boats, knowledgeable staff, and great lunch spot on premises. Christina is amazing and leads a not to be missed shark dive. Dive masters Keith and Tom go the distance. Support staff is terrific. These guys rock!!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I dove four times here and got my PADI open water certification with Kelly as my instructor. Everyone from Christina, Robert, Tina at the front desk, Kevin on the boat and Tina of the management staff worked really hard to make my instruction possible, trouble free and enjoyable. I dove on the reefs and saw sharks, and eel, rays and tons of tropical fish. I cannot tell you how professional and experienced the staff is at this organization, something you really want when you are scuba diving!!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing... Great company, highly organised”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Before leaving Australia for my holiday I had booked in to do two dives, a one tank dive and the shark dive. After completing my first dive I was so impressed by the knowledge of the staff and their welcoming persona that I went straight in to the front desk and inquired about the two tank dive for the following day, which meant that I ended up completing 4 dives during my short stay. All the dives were amazing and the Shark Dive was definitely a highlight of my trip (I also purchased the dvd of the shark dive which was of fantastic quality). The company seems to be highly organised as each dive ran on time without any issues. Thank you to the wonderful dive staff at UNEXSO that were on my dives (Peter, Keith, Kelly, Tom and John) who made my dive experience at Grand Bahamas memorable.
Sharna

Visited June 2013
United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Dolphin Encounter unforgettable”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We did a dolphin encounter from our stay off our cruise here in April. We purchased this through our cruise line but found out after it is best and cheaper to go through websites to save some money. Once in a lifetime chance to get in the water with dolphins. Came off the cruise and into the harbor and there was a dolphin encounter sign and we took a short route (boat ride)to the marina. Arrived at the dolphin encounter and we all stayed in the water as about 20 of us waited our turn for our one on one. It was awesome! the handlers trained these dolphins very well as they all did tricks splashed us with water with their tails, flippers and even there mouths. Had a blast. The highlight of our cruise. They allow you to bring your own camera with the dolphins. We had our waterproof camera which was great but will not allow you to take it with you in the water with the dolphins. Simple fix. I stayed out of the water and took photos of my family and vice versa when I was in the water. I also paid for the photos with the dolphins back at the shop prior to leaving back to the cruise ship. Paid 30 for 2 photos.

Visited April 2013