“Awsome!!!!!”

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was my first dive trip and the facility and dive staff is great for new divers. I did 6 dives and they all were great. Make sure you sign up for the Shark and Dolphin dives. Both were unbelievably memorable experiences.

2  Thank stobash

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was probably my favorite activity while vacationing there. The trainers were great with the dolphins, and the dolphins were so well-trained.. It was an unforgettable experience, and I have a photo of the dolphin kissing my cheek as a memento!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place. It was hands down the highlight of our entire trip. We did the dolphin swim and from start to finish it was the most amazing experience of my entire life. I would seriously consider going back to the bahamas for this place alone. Plan for and budget for this once in a lifetime experience. You will not be sorry you did.

1  Thank RAChampeau
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I did two 2 tank dives, one 1 tank dive and the shark feeding dive. This is a world class dive shop! Pleasant staff, good equipment and reasonable prices. I usually go with "mom and pop" shops but I am glad I went Top Shelf this time. And the food at their restaurant was GREAT!

I noticed a few reviewers rated them as average or below. I wanna know where they've found better in Freeport. It is hard to imagine.

2  Thank Prizmsongs
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was very expensive for what we got but it was a great experience. Travis and Charlton were our boat pilots and were totally awesome!!! We had more fun on the ride out and back in than we did with the dolphins I think!
At the dolphin center they split us up in 2 groups. The first group got into the water and swam for quite a long time. when they were done, they let our group (5 in ea group) in the water. They let only 3 people out with the dolphins first and let them swim, after a while they let the last 2 of us go out so we really got shortchanged on the time with them. My husband was in the first group and he swam so much he got tired - and he is a swimmer. I barely had time to get used to the water temp and they were pulling us out. For $200 a pop, I feel that each person should have the same amount of time.

2  Thank scoobette