“A must do for anyone visiting the island!”
Review of Unexso

Unexso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Me, my wife, and my five year old daughter all did the dolphin experience, and it seriously is a once in a lifetime thing that everyone who vacations on Grand Bahama Island must do! The staff was friendly and knowledgable, the dolphin's are very well trained, and the facilities and setting is top notch. An overall awesome experience!

1  Thank joshua a
in 9 reviews
"experienced divers"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went out on the 2 tank morning dive and the afternoon shark feeding on Sept 17. The whole crew was great. They were very helpful with my gear when I told them I had a shoulder problem. The first dives were pretty mellow and the sharks cruised in and out of the area while we explored the reef. Jim was the feeder on the feeding dive and he did a great job. There were 5 of us on the dive and that really made things great. We got a lot of personal attention. If I ever go back to Grand Bahama, I would not hesitate to dive with them again!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wow!! The look on my daughter's face, priceless! To be in the water face to face with a dolphin and be able to touch and then have one kiss you on the cheek, AMAZING. One of the greatest adventures of a lifetime to learn about these brilliant creatures and watch them perform and interact right in front of you is incredible. We will never forget this experience on so many different levels. Unexso's philosophy in having such a spectacle will make you feel good in the end as they share how these dolphins are cared for and allowed to experience their open-water environment.

1  Thank JaimeMontalvo
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Dove the Unexo Shark Dive with these guys... It was after school started (1st week of Sep, 2012), so that may have accounted for the low turnout. The rule for the dive is no less than 4 people. We only had 3. They said they get as many as 15 or so per dive during peak season. Not this time, and I like the smaller class size. Once we hit the water, the sharks were waiting. I know they are always there, but it is still just too cool to look below you while you are descending and see that magnificent animal swimming there... At times, just appearing out of the gray distance. Absolutley beautiful. Once we got on the bottom and all was prepared, the man with the lunch bucket arrive (Chain mail and all)... Starts feeding them, and it is fantastic... three times, I got my mask "Tail Bumped"... We had about 15-20 (They wouldn't stop and let me get an accurate count.. Those uncooperative devils)... They ranged from 4-8 feet, and they were just beautiful... Plus the intrusive Grouper and a baby Nurse Shark. They put one in a bit of a time out (nap time) and let you pet the "non dangerous end", and then do a nice little nose stand... The entire event is filmed by their crew, and I recommend purchasing a copy. (It will be of your dive, and not just a generic dive of people you don't know)... The people are friendly, professional, and make the experience one for your Bucket List...
Two Fins Up!!!!