“We're gonna need a bigger boat.....”
Review of Unexso

and up
2-Tank Dive in Freeport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“We're gonna need a bigger boat.....”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Dove the Unexo Shark Dive with these guys... It was after school started (1st week of Sep, 2012), so that may have accounted for the low turnout. The rule for the dive is no less than 4 people. We only had 3. They said they get as many as 15 or so per dive during peak season. Not this time, and I like the smaller class size. Once we hit the water, the sharks were waiting. I know they are always there, but it is still just too cool to look below you while you are descending and see that magnificent animal swimming there... At times, just appearing out of the gray distance. Absolutley beautiful. Once we got on the bottom and all was prepared, the man with the lunch bucket arrive (Chain mail and all)... Starts feeding them, and it is fantastic... three times, I got my mask "Tail Bumped"... We had about 15-20 (They wouldn't stop and let me get an accurate count.. Those uncooperative devils)... They ranged from 4-8 feet, and they were just beautiful... Plus the intrusive Grouper and a baby Nurse Shark. They put one in a bit of a time out (nap time) and let you pet the "non dangerous end", and then do a nice little nose stand... The entire event is filmed by their crew, and I recommend purchasing a copy. (It will be of your dive, and not just a generic dive of people you don't know)... The people are friendly, professional, and make the experience one for your Bucket List...
Two Fins Up!!!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank P38sm

Vass, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dive Refresher and Shark Dive”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was in Freeport over Labor Day and decided to brush up on my scuba diving. I gave UNEXSO a chance because they seemed like they were pretty well established. The dive master, Tom the Brit, was prompt, knowledgeable and pleasant. After a short demonstration of skills we went out for a 45 ft dive to a wreck about a mile out. As soon as I entered, there were over 10, 9ft reef sharks circling around our dive site; it was epic. Tom had picked the perfect spot and made for an unforgettable once in a lifetime experience.

Visited September 2012
Jensen Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“beautiful place”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

if your a sport diver etc, this is the place to stay. Great pool on the inter-coastal, great restaurant and bar.

Visited August 2012
Williamsville, NY
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Outstanding Dive Operation”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is our second trip to Freeport and we went because of Unexso. They run a very safe and well managed operation. During our week there my wife and younger daughter and I went on five two-tank dives. I also went on a Cavern dive. We are all certified divers, my daughter and I are rescue certified and are becoming Dive Masters, so we are rather particular about our diving.
One of the strong points of their operation is that the dive staff quickly learned our names and our dive preferences, so that after the first day, they did ask us where we'd like to go. They let us dive our computers, so we were not limited to the "everyone on the boat after 40 minutes." The boats were modest in size; the largest dive group was 12 and most of the time we three were with three to five others.
We brought our own gear, but their rental gear looked to be in good condition. They have lockers to leave your gear (just remember to bring a lock) and large, clean changing/shower rooms.
The highlight for us was the dolphin dive. It was amazing swimming with a dolphin in the open sea.

Visited July 2012
Calgary, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good for novices, not for experienced divers”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Spent 6 days diving with UNEXSO. Equipment looked to be in very good shape (we had our own), dive shop was professional as were dive staff. Boats were well laid out,captain and crew was experienced and professional, but boat was overcrowded. Too many divers, and too many novice divers meant that we did not get to do a wide variety of dive sites. Dive groups were too large, and boat had to return, so that dive master cut dives short after only 40 minutes. My dive buddies and I had plenty of air (and plenty of experience) but we were not allowed to extend dives,

Despite diving for 6 days, we did several (mediocre) sites more than once to conform to the proximity to the shop and the large groups. We did not do any of the more advanced sites..

Would recommend UNEXSO for novice divers, not for experienced divers.

Visited April 2012