“Jambalaya mmm”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bahamian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very happy with our experience at Batemans. The jambalaya was excellent. Andouille sausage and shrimp were great. Served with Peas and Rice and mixed vegetables. Service was excellent.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Bateman's Big Easy is a jewel in the middle of Port Lucaya! Their young chef makes grilled Bahamian Grouper that rivals meals at award winning restaurants worldwide! The homemade conch chowder and bread are fantastic! A mix of Bahamian and New Orleans brings an entirely new taste to your table! The owner, Bateman, started this restaurant about a year ago and he is one great guy! The servers are friendly and welcoming! Don't miss this gem when you go to Port Lucaya!

1  Thank Aliza0703
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The food i got was just nor eatable.

I orderede T Bone steak what a waste of money.

I had my suspicion so i asked the waitress about tje thickness of the steak since i want my steaks medium rare, i also told her that if it thin cuts i dont want it.

Here comes the food, the meath is swimming in oil the steak co ered with minched garlic and the steak has the thickness of a miscut porkchop. Needless to say it vas far from medium rare, it was of course coocked totally dry, which i understand sinxe the steak thickness was what it was. Lol i actually tasted it and it was the saltiest steak ever, i guess it had been drowned in meat tenderizer .

I know one thing if a cook cant make a simple steak, the cook dont know basics and shouldnt cook for people that are paying to eat.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My stomach was still a bit upset from a horrible meal at another restaurant, so I ordered conch chowder and a house salad for my dinner, both of which were reasonably priced. The bowl of delicious soup was just the right size and the salad was amazing - topped with walnuts and red beans, ringed with apple slices and piled high on my plate, this was one of the best salads I've ever had - I used balsamic viniagrette dressing, which for me was perfect as the other choices were Ranch and Thousand Island, both of which, in my opinion, would not pair well with it. My wife ordered the Conch Etouffee which was also excellent. Our waitress could not have been more accommodating, filling our water glasses numerous times and providing my wife with a couple of chair cushions as the straight wooden chairs were a bit too hard on her butt. The proximity of the restaurant to Count Basie square enabled us to plainly hear the live music from the bandstand, which was a nice bonus to dining here.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

i would say the snapper is local and worth the wait. conch fritters are nice and hot. beer is cold just like your sitting at a pub in the big easy. try the voodoo chicken wings!!!!!!!!