“Great food in a colorful environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bateman's Big Easy

Bateman's Big Easy
Ranked #64 of 120 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Cajun & Creole, Bar, Pub, Bahamian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great food in a colorful environment”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful art on walls and ceiling. Loved the lobster salad. Best place we ate at for tge enture week in Freeport

• Visited October 2013

“It was okay”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The host/waitress that greeted us on entry was not very friendly or accommodating, however we did end up with a friendlier server. The restaurant was somewhat busy and it appeared as if only the 2 servers were working, so needless to say she was very distracted and being pulled in many different directions at once, aside from that (which wasn't really her fault I guess, if the restaurant was understaffed) service was okay.
The food and drinks were pretty good though. After reading the 2 reviews here before going to Bateman's I specifically asked my friends about their drinks, theirs neither mine were watered down. The fritters were excellent and full of meat (we had an order of conch and an order of lobster fritters). The lobster salad was wonderful and had fresh crisp crunchy apples in it! (never had apples in my lobster salad before.
I had the alligator gumbo, which was tasty, but the meal did take a while to get to th

• Visited September 2013
Freeport, The Bahamas
“Don't Think I'll Be Back”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm going to make this short and sweet so I don't waste my time on a place I won't visit again. The New Orleans theme was weak at best. I didn't feel it had much to do with that city especially with the choice of instrumental pop songs accompanied by a fail violin bein pumped over the speakers. My daiquiri was either watered down or the bartender isnt really good at mixing drinks. Waitresses held personal conversations near our table very loudly. It was hot and there was a leak on the floor being soaked up by a cardboard box. The food took a while to arrive and when it did it was not the prepared how I had asked. The worst part was a waitress bringin a garbage can through the front past our table to get to the back of the restaurant. Maybe they were just having a very bad day but it doesnt excuse it. I won't be going back.

• Visited June 2013
“Never Again”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Bateman's is a fairly new restaurant, so my husband and I thought we'd try them out since I am an avid NO Saints fan. Perhaps they were having a VERY bad day when we went there, but I was not impressed at all. It was mid-afternoon, and the restaurant was HOT! We were led to a table right under a ceiling fan, but it made no difference. One of the first things I noticed was how dirty the table cloth was on the table beside ours. There was also water all over the floor and cardboard everywhere to soak it up. The wait staff were all on the older side, and out of touch with the market that they will be catering to. I was not impressed with the service at all. There was also a lot of personal conversation being shouted around the restaurant; I guess they thought that since we were the only people in there we wouldn't be offended. I tried to order a daiquiri while we waited for our food, and was shot down by the waitress, who told me not to order it, but could not give me a reason why. I then ordered a pina colada which was so full of evaporated milk it made me regret not pushing for my original choice.
We ended up waiting quite a while for our food, which didn't feel New Orleans inspired at all. The johnny cake they brought out while we waited was good, but for a N.O. inspired restaurant it didn't seem to fit the theme. My gumbo was tasty, but I could have ordered Bahamian steamed chicken from Zorbas and got essentially the same thing at half the price. My husband ordered a t-bone steak medium-well, and got a dry, over-cooked steak instead. On top of everything else, while we were eating one of the wait staff got a large, dirty garbage bin out the the shrubs in front of the restaurant and brought it right through the front door and dining area, right past our table. I was disgusted, and if we weren't just about done with our meal at that time I would have walked out right then.
Overall, Bateman's essentially felt like a VERY overpriced Bahamian restaurant, instead of anything New Orleans themed. I could have spent that $80 at any other restaurant in Port Lucaya and had a far better experience.

• Visited June 2013