Review Highlights

from $259.00
from $259.00
from $359.00
More Info
All reviews tasting room liquor store our tour guide high rock pink grapefruit brewing process beer drinker great place to taste quick tour local brew sands beer awesome tour all you can drink t shirts cruise excursion lots of fun highly recommend this tour
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Not far from the Port and worth a visit. Take the $10 tour and sample all the brews. The tour is basic and just an excuse for drinking what they have. The Strongback Stout (7.6%) is really smooth and flavorful. In my opinion, beats Guinness (and yes I've been to their brewery). Enjoying the Strongback Stout now. If staying, easy (and cheap) taking local bus, around $1.50 from downtown,to get here. Large gift shop and liquor store. Had a great time. Oh... came by myself and only person on tour. No minimum #.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

This is a brewery in a warehouse attached to a liquor store. The beer they brew is no too bad and is only available in the Bahamas. Flag a local jitney, take the tour and get a few beers in the bargain. An adventure to remember on a small island.

1  Thank Number9
Reviewed July 5, 2018

Go visit the Bahamas Brewery featuring their local beer, Sands. This is a small tour for a small facility ($10 entry fee). It finishes with a tasting room where you can stay as long as you like and taste all the beers that they make. It really is a fun way to spend an hour or two.

1  Thank LT_Dallas
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Sand's beer is awesome and the price for the tour is $10 each. You get a quick tour unless they are working on the floor and then you head to the tasting room. Only complaint is that the Sands Radler was not included in the tasting.... We got to purchase cool Sands tshirts at the end and would definitely recommend this to anyone (well maybe not small children)....

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

At first when we looked at the brewery as a tour option, no one in particular found the idea that exciting..... however after reading several reviews we decided to take a chance! And we were not disappointed.

It was me, my sister, my wife and a close friend of mine that all decided to take the tour together.

We arrived at the brewery and easily found parking! (Parking is easy to find everywhere) we then went inside, paid $10 per person and waited for our tour guide.

The wait for our tour guide was a bit time consuming but we passed the time by taking selfies and looking at some of the souvenirs for purchase.
(As a small upgrade perhaps this waiting room/souvenir store could be filled with photos and fun facts about the brewery that we can all read before he tour).

Anyway as soon as our tour guide Chrissy arrived we knew we were in for a treat!!!! She was fun, personable, and extremely knowledgeable about the brewery and the brewing process....

From the bottling process to the filling process, to the labeling process it was very interesting.

I’m a beer drinker so it was even more interesting to me. But our tour guide made it even greater.

At the end of the tour we enter the tasting room which is set up to replicate a bar setting.

Along the back wall were numerous Bahamian sayings, and Sands beer promotional ads!!!!

And then the tasting began. Chrissy took us on a wonderful beer tasting journey starting with the lightest ale, to the darkest stout (which I believed was called strong back). I particularly enjoyed the High Rock beer.

The tasting continued into flavored Vodka’s and before we knew it we were all having a great time and enjoying the ‘All you can drink’ options.

Our tour guide Chrissy was also our bartender and she was just so awesome! This is indeed a must see in Freeport Bahamas! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Visited here to get a carry out and so glad I did. The Sand's beer is outstanding. I don't usually drink beer as I a bit of a Wino, but I could drink Sand's all day, well at least until I fall over. This is a great light beer and I love it.

2  Thank Nick S
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

$10 per person for the tour and it includes all you can drink at the end! Our tour guide was great and we had an awesome time. Tour total is about 45min-hour including tasting.

1  Thank tvalentine2
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Learning about the beer making process was fascinating. Our guide was articulate and informative. At the end you get to sample as much of the different beers as you want. The store has a nice selection of wines, too.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Just stop in and they can provide a guided 15-minute tour. No appointments necessary. It's a small brewery run by a German brewmaster, so some of the offerings have a taste of Europe to them but Bahama-style. One that I particularly enjoyed was a Radler beer made with pink grapefruit. I love Radlers - they are very refreshing, especially in the summertime - but they're not usually made with grapefruit. This was VERY GOOD! After the tour, they park you in the tasting room where you can taste several different beers and then drink for free for a short while.

2  Thank KimMiesau
Reviewed January 30, 2018

We visited the Bahamian Brewery as part of a tour,the friendly staff showed us where the brewing process took place then the area where the bottles were washed plus various processes.We then were taken to a room containing a Bar,small samples of various beers were offered to the assembled company,the strength of beer increased with each sample,most were pretty good! At the finish you could partake in larger samples if you so wished.Back downstairs is a well stocked off-license and gift shop to browse.It was an interesting tour.

1  Thank beardie27