“Perfect tour to start your Grand Bahama Island experience”

Bahamas Interisland Ecotours - Day Tours
Ranked #12 of 45 Tours in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: Our MOTTO: "Come as a stranger and leave as a friend!" We appeal to the traveler that is looking to see the "REAL" Bahamas. This is not your typical tour experience. We offer a variety of nature based heritage, eco friendly and cultural tours designed for the whole family. Our tours are educational, fun, and authentic all in one. And as a bonus we snorkel and swim in some of the Island's best kept secrets. let us make your vacation a memorable one! See you soon!
Helsinki, Finland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Perfect tour to start your Grand Bahama Island experience”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We took the Eastern tour just before Christmas at the start of our Grand Bahama Island stay. It was the perfect start - the tour takes you to many interesting places in the Lucayan National Park and surrounding areas around Freeport. Gold Rock beach is a real gem, so is the local restaurant we went for lunch. Jeff is a very knowledgeable guide, has a great sense of humour and really enjoys his job. He gave us many personal insights into Bahamian life, including it's fascinating history, culture, environment, and even sports. He took care of everyone on the tour, both young and old, making each person feel very welcome. Even though there was a lot to see, there was plenty of time and the day felt relaxed. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Ntrboy, Owner at Bahamas Interisland Ecotours - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you! it is as simple as that. You come as a stranger and leave as friends! It was great spending the day where there are no harmful or dangerous animals to worry about! I hope to see you again!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour around the Charming Grand Bahama Island”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am truly glad that we decided to take on Jeff's tour to go around Grand Bahama Island, instead of spending the time shopping or going to a touristic beach. It was so worth, as we went to the Lucayan National Park and a wonderful beach just across street. We learned about the culture, history, custom of the Island and the Bahamas as a nation. Jeff was amazing and very knowledgeable. We gained deeper insight of the place we were visiting from him.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you! This is intended amongst other things, to be an introduction to MY ISLAND. I am happy after spending the day siteseeing and exploring some of the local parts of the island, you will come back for a longer stay.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A unique experience exploring Bahamas”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you have time, I am sure you can do different things in Bahamas but if you have only a day or few hours, it's best to take a tour with Jeff. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about the ireland and takes you to the places you defiantly enjoy. I specifically enjoyed visiting the forest and beach he took us plus a local lunch which was delicious and simple. The price he charged us was reasonable and he returned us to the ship on time. So if you decide to go with Jeff ask him to the two beautiful caves. Don't miss seeing them!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you. You summed up what I do in a few words! Thank you soo much for trusting me with your day! see you soon.
Fort walton beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I like the fact we learned the culture of the island and history.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had an excellent time. Jeff was very informative and personal. I like that we learned about the islands culture and the history behind some of the sights we saw.

1 Thank Choctawjody
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Please come back again so we can explore some more beautiful sites. I appreciated your humor also!
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Cool Tour”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a 13 and 15 year old on this tour and they felt this was the highlight of our cruise. The sights were both fun and educational. What we especially appreciated was the fact that the tour had only 8 people (our family of four and another family of four). The larger tours are most times impersonal and not very informative. Jeff is the best guide that we have ever had in all of our travels - he was both informative and really enjoyed showing you his "home." If you are going on a cruise do not worry about booking outside of the what your cruise offers. You will appreciate this tour more than what the cruise line has to offer. The tour included a wonderful lunch at a local restaurant on the beach.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your honest review. I am passionate about this island and it was so refreshing to see your family enjoy every moment of the tour. I look forward to your return and thanks again for giving me the opportunity to customize your day by booking in advance. I was my pleasure