“Great stay at Taino”

Taino Beach Resort & Clubs
Dallas, Texas
“Great stay at Taino”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

With the mixed reviews I was a little curious how the stay would actually go, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room in the ocean unit showed its age a little but still clean and nice. The pool is a lot of fun. Be sure to bring some rafts with you for the lazy river. We rented a car and were glad we did. This allowed us to go to Gold Rock Beach a few times, Paradise Bay, the west end, etc. We are not beach or pool sitters so we would have gotten bored without transportation. Also, take the short walk to the beach bars on Taino Beach. Tony Macaronis was a highlight.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank JeffLJones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at Pelican Bay, so I cannot speak to the hotel or rooms. Pelican Bay has a relationship with Taino Beach which allowed us to use their facilities. The pool was fun and very large. It includes a slide, caves, a bar which is also in a cave, and nice places to sit in the pool in sun or shade.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I relaxed for 2 weeks at the beautiful ocean side resort in the Grand Bahamas near Freeport. The temperature rose to 85 degrees most days, but with the cool ocean breeze coming ashore, the atmosphere was perfect. With all the family activities on land and on the water, I come home as relaxed as I've been in 10 years. The island residence are very friendly and always willing to help on this Bahama Island. I have vacationed here before and keep coming back because of the people, resort activities, the water slide, tubing on the lazy pool river, and so many other activities. Of couse shopping without paying the high U. S. prices and tax always makes this island a treasure to come to. I could go on and on about the many reasons I love vacationing at Taino Bbeach Resort in Grand Bahamas, but why not give it try yourself and experience the relaxing times I've had at this beautiful island resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank John B
tainobeach, Guest Relations Manager at Taino Beach Resort & Clubs, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear 2 Week Vacation,
Thank you for your wonderful posting! We appreciate reading these kinds of postings. It certainly assists with our ongoing goals towards improvement.
The positive feedback helps a lot and we use them in meetings to motivate and show the teams that they are moving in the right direction! Thank you again and we look forward to hosting your next visit to Grand Bahama!
Milton, Delaware
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spent a week at this resort. Rooms were dated but spacious. We were in a one bedroom. The air conditioner always left a small puddle of water on the floor. Television was very small for the room. Ample room to move around. Kitchen table could sit six. Nice bathroom. Very little to do at the resort except go to the beach. They would list activities and they would never occur. Restaurant served good food at a decent price. Happy hour drinks were a rip-off. Margaretta's in a small plastic cup with little alcohol. Overall atmosphere of the resort was nice. The beach was enjoyable but had a bit of seaweed. They did try to clean it up. You must pay for a shuttle to go to the grocery store.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluejem301
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I must say this was a great experience for me and my family I have had a great time there the people was great when I first reach I had some problem with my room but I must say they got on it thanks to dantae this lady was great she made my tripe and experience at tino beach a great one I don't no who staff you guys was dealing with but she was excellent I stayed in the marlin they was nice the view was great pool speechless restaurant food was good I enjoy this place it was a lot to do I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your very positive Posting on Tripadvisor! We have been working diligently to improve all aspects of your experience as Guests on the island! I will print your posting and spread the positive message to the resort’s individual departments, to show them that all the focus and hard work is showing results! (Instead of a parade of negative postings!) This and all postings are a great tool to keep everyone focused on the most important part of the industry – you, our visitors and Guests! Its seems that often the negative postings have center stage, and we don’t take the time to say something positive – its all about expectations – we certainly know that! Thank you and we look forward to hosting you in the future!

Honolulu
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week in the Ocean building in a "penthouse.". It is a loft unit with the second bedroom upstairs with a bathroom. Overall, the living areas were in poor shape. The moldings on the wall were styrofoam and full of dents from where people had hit it. The closet did not have a hanging rod and only the front hanging area had any hangers. The cabinet handles had paint on them and the doors did not close properly. The silverware drawer had rotting wood holding it together. I could go on, but I would believe by now that you get the picture. I must say the unit was clean and that is a important point.

The front desk staff was rude and acted like it was a huge problem to do anything for us. The workers on the property were all very friendly and helpful, perhaps they could give lessons to the front desk staff.

The pool was nice, but it closed at 6P when it did not get dark to 8P. The ocean beach was wonderful. The problem was that the resort sold day passes and those people would have all the cabanas and chaise lounges so that the guests there for a week had to sit in the sun at the beach and had nowhere to sit at the pool.

Overall, choose somewhere else if you do want a nice relaxing vacation with all of the amenities.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank daglight
tainobeach, Guest Relations Manager at Taino Beach Resort & Clubs, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughtful Tripadvsior Posting. The building you stayed in is the one with the largest focus, as it is the oldest on the property. We have significant work to complete in that building, and the feedback from the ones near completion are very positive. We hope you return in the future, and enjoy the full, recharged, resort experience that we all are working towards here!
The Management

Travelers are raving about these Freeport hotels

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We own at another timeshare there, so this was the last 2 weeks at Taino. Never having been there, we were pleased it wasn't as bad as The Island Seas, where we stayed last year. We traded in for close to $400 for the 2 weeks and then had to pay an additional $135 per week for taxes, which was basically electric usage. The power prices there are extremely high. We don't use ac at our other timeshare for this very reason. They read the meter there and you are charge accordingly. That being said, it does end up being pretty pricey when you're on a fixed income. We do love the Bahamas however, so it is a sacrifice we make. We stayed in Oceans bldg. and were fortunate enough to be on the top level with a bit of a view. The bad part was we had no ice most of the time and had to make numerous trips to all 3 floors to see if any of the other machines had ice. Second level machine, didn't even work the 2 weeks we were there. We had a small fridge in our unit and made it difficult to store any amount of food for the 2 week stay. We cook in most days, but had no grill on site and no oven in the unit, so made a lot of stove top meals. The restaurant there left a lot to be desired. The food/price just made no sense. A veggie omelet is more but lacked veggies and tip is included so it ends up being a pricey meal. Had what they called grouper on the menu, which to me was like frankenfish. Terrible! Went to Red Beards on the ferry and that is what you call grouper - outstanding meal there!
We did have plenty of towels, but was hit and miss to replace with fresh ones. All in all we did enjoy our stay, as we love the beach and spent most of our days on it! At least if I do ever trade into this resort again, I will request a large fridge and bring my own ice trays to make my own ice!
The other inconvenience was no internet signal in our unit, so had to trek all the way to the lobby at the office for that all the time - as that's our only connection to our family and friends back home. The internet at the pool was not secure and wouldn't trust the connection there.
Now, I know what I'll be up against when we do trade in again, as we go to the Bahamas every year to our own resort which we love.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the pool if you want a quieter unit.