“Best Tour Ever!!”

and up
East End Blue Hole Kayaking and Snorkeling Adventure in Freeport
Ranked #15 of 44 Tours in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: This nature tour company uses small airconditioned buses to transport our guest to quaint remote island towns and beaches. While visiting these historical and beautiful places, we will meet the families and sample true island life. Our History, Geology, Culture, Flora & Fauna, and Christian beliefs are what we share. We will also use kayaks and boats to explore the unique and maginificent shallow waters of The Bahamas. Blue holes, coral reefs, mangrove creeks and turtle grass beds are all habitats for turtles, starfish, stingrays, nurse sharks, many species of fish, and numerous other marine creatures that are the highlight of our tours. we also provide a hot lunch on one of or many breathtaking beaches. Swimming and relaxing is a must. Fishing rods and snorkeling gear are optional.This combination of activities allows us the opportunity to offer a unique and amazing vacation experience in The Bahamas.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We came into port on Thursday March 7, 2013. Lamont met us right off the cruise ship. As we were driving the 60 some miles to the east end of the island he gave a so much info about the Island and answered all of our questions. He was so easy to get along with! He would stop the van for us to take pictures of anything interesting. Lunch was THE BEST I would go back just to eat that food again, I don't eat fish but decided to order conch because I was on vacation and probable would never get the opportunity again. It was so good! All of the beaches we stopped at were deserted except for our tour group of 5 people. There were so many starfish during the kayaking portion of the tour that you could just reach out and grab them for a great photo! I would most definitely recommend this tour to any one regardless of their swimming or kayaking ability, and if I am ever in Freeport again I will take a tour with them again, even if it is the same tour. Well worth the price! Lamont you are AWESOME!!!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We traveled to Freeport on the Carnival Conquest on February 6th and secured our own shore excursion with Chad4Nature via e-mail – it turned out to be a great shore excursion.

We were greeted at the port and Lamont took us to where the “Pirates of the Caribbean” was filmed. Our next stop was kayaking over blue holes, finding star fish in the water and hundreds of conch shells on the shore. If you’re not familiar with blue holes, they amazing. And yes, my wife brought home several conch shells!

We picked up lunch, which was great! I definitely recommend the lobster! We were on a beach that must have been three miles long and we were the only people there - it was beautiful! The sand is brilliant white and the water is totally clear with multiple shades of blue. Snorkeling over blue holes was amazing and we watched Lamont spear two lobsters for his dinner.

Our last stop was the Lucayan National Park to tour Ben’s Cave and the Burial Mound cave and then we were brought back to the ship in a timely manner. It couldn’t have been better!

1  Thank Parriwg
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a great option and is strongly recommended over the other large group, commercial options, that are quick to cancel. It was a bit windy which caused others to have tours get cancelled but Chad and team will rarely cancel. The wind made kayaking a bit difficult, but that was out of their control. Is it a long drive, yes, but if you want to go to an isolated beach where your 10 person group are the only ones on the beach (which, let's be honest, of course you want that), then you have to expect a bit of a drive. The drive was interesting as we found out about the history, culture, and plant life of the island. Chad and Lamont were very personable, very knowledgeable, and very entertaining. The beach was beautiful, the kayaking and snorkeling was great, the food was delicious (you received a ton of it), and the caves were neat. This is the tour to do. I found the cost very reasonable $99 for the whole day and a meal that would easily cost $15-$20 each in a restaurant.

P.S. Monty - You're a saint!!!! Thank you for so sweetly helping my mom the whole time!!!!

2  Thank RachelRPortland_OR
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I found this adventure on here and the reviews were mostly positive so we decided to try it out and we're glad that we did. Freeport is a commercial port and there's not alot going on at the cruise port. We heard other passengers on our cruise complaining about the lack of options so I told them what they SHOULD have done.
We were met by the Straw Market by both Lamont and Chad in their big van. We picked up the kayaks and we on our way. Lamont took us out for the day and it was just my wife and I. The kayaking over the blue holes was awesome with star fish everywhere that you could just pick up out of the water. The snorkeling at the secluded beach was really cool and you can swim right into the blue holes with tons of fish all around you.
Now the lobster dinner, that's another story all together. Let's just say , when I got to the ship, I wasn't very hungry. That was some GOOD lobster. I will tell you what others have already said, this was the most memorable part of our entire vacation and we would HIGHLY recommend it to others.

2  Thank AdirondackGypsy
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We choose this tour based on TA's reviews and were glad we did. Lamont was our guide and was excellent, knowledgeable and courteous. The food was great, and the beaches, snorkelling and kayaking were good fun. The stop at the cave was interesting too. It was a long, long drive to the other end of the island however, but we got a good idea of what the island was like. Lamont tried to make the drive interesting by telling us about the island and answering any questions we had.

I did not give this 5 stars for 2 reasons. Lamont was late in arriving and we thought he was a 'no show' but eventually we connected. Things happen, I get that. I would suggest a specific meeting spot 'just in case' (like Senor Frogs). It's a busy spot when everyone gets off the ship and starts their tours. The other con was that we were brought back to the cruise ship with only 5 minutes to spare. That made me a little nervous.

5  Thank tothelimit