I have no complaints about Grand Lucaya. EVERYONE was nice. Grounds are beautiful as well as breathtaking. Had 7th floor ocean view....BEAUTIFUL! The hotel is older and if you really looked around, you can find things wrong with it but understand anything on the beach is going to wear....I am from Florida, so all reorts and hotels wear down from the salt air. I also don't and won't look for the bad when there is so much good all around. If you are a petty person, then you will nit pick the little things!
The one thing I did not like is when going to the market using the walk way between Lucaya and Memories, you are harassed by Memories employees to come and take a tour and spend the day over there. Every day I was asked when I was leaving...finally just started telling them NEVER! (wishful thinking)
The market accross the street is great. They will ask u to come in, "looking is free and buying is cheap" but you just keep walking and they leave you alone. You have to understand that this is how they make their living! Tourism is their only income. What I look for is the shops that have all local things made there. I dont want to buy a souvenir and it say "made in china". Everything I buy is made by the person, this way I am supporting them, mot china!
Food is much cheaper there well. Ate at Zorbas for breakfast and dinner everynight. It is not the best loking place in the market, but it is GOOD food and good price. It is the only place in the market that you will seee locals eating at.
My family and I do this trip every year. We take the Celebration over, and spend 4 days on the island! We hate to leave every year! We have come to love Limpy, our taxi driver and his wife Gaylene - our housekeeper at the hotel. They have become like family to us!
So go and enjoy yourself. The hotel is beautiful and the people are so friendly. If that were not true, I would not go back year after year! See you next year Lucaya. I will miss you daily until then!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island