Stayed at the Grand Lucayan 4/27-5/1. Upon arrival check in was a breeze. After reading all the reviews prior to my arrival I was worried about not having a room until later in the day. Stayed in room 1005 which has a partial ocean view and view of Memories hotel. Room was a standard hotel room with a bit outdated furniture but the bed was very comfortable. Shower and bathroom were clean and no mold issues. Only issue I had was with having bath towels after house keeping left. 2 times I had to call for towels to be brought up as there were none left.
The grounds are very well maintained and the pools are a bit cool but refreshing since the temperature was in the Mid 80's while we were there. Many pool areas to choose from. We choose to hang out at the pool that was to the extreme left of the resort. Waves bar and grill is there and this pool was much calmer then the pool by Hammerheads.
We were on the all incluisive plan which was nice but signing a piece of paper everytime you ordered something was a bit annoying. Meals were ok. We did not eat at Churchill's, didn't think the $35 upcharge was worth it. Ate poolside most days and the menu is a typical beach bar menu. Dinner we ate at Iries, and they had a limited menu for those of us on the all incluisive. Chocalate Cake for dessert was great!
The next night we ate at China Beach which I absolutely loved. Appeitizers were great as well as my meal. However while we were eating 2 other tables complained about their meals and I believed walked out. But in all I really enjoyed my experience at China Beach.
Upon check out I noticed I had charges on my bill for liquids but were taken off immediately since I was on the all inclusive plan. As a side not some of the bars wont let you have Bud Light or Miller Lite if you are on the all incluisive while the other bars allowed it. Thought it was strange but so be it.
I would love to return with my kids next time as they would love the pools and ocean.
Thanks Grand Lucayan for a nice relaxing getway!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island