back again for trip number 5 and so glad to see more activity at the resort and the surrounding area. the old resort next door is now open (called Memories) and is only good news for the grand lucayan and their guests. first off, memories is all inclusive so they only eat at their restaurants and only use thier beach and pool...this leaves the grand lucayan beach and pool open and available for us. the more crowds at memories allows for a better atmosphere over at the casino at night....more people, more noise, more fun at the tables as well as more activity at night over at the marketplace across the street.
grand lucayan is clean and kept up nicely. the beach crew is especially great. room this trip was on a high floor and exactly what we booked. service was quick and efficient for some minor issues we had. all resolved to our satisfaction.
great things about the resort: its clean and we felt security was very good, played golf twice and it was great, beach is extremely well taken care of.
areas for improvement are still the spa area....the old green/blue tiles need to be replaced or repaired, the waiting area is very worn looking, the steam room wasnt working and the sauna had the light bulb out (wasnt going in there in the pitch dark) and thay had one cd playing over and over....hard to relax hearing "scarborough fair" again and again. masssages were great though (we each went twice), also the service at hammerheads could be better as we had to wait a long time for drinks.
watch out for cruise ship days on the beach. the resort rents out passes to cruise ships and the beach can get very crowded when they all arrive. grab a lounge chair away from china grill to get away from the crowds that come between 11 and 2.
only item we wish the hotel did a better job of was to welcome back returning customers. when we mentioned we were on our fifth trip back, the reception rep said "oh, thats nice". a warmer greeting would have gone a long way for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island