My wife and I booked the new Memories Freeport ,but it wasn't,ready yet so we took the Grand Lucayan option. The hotel is right next door to the Memories so the location was perfect. The Lucayan is not normally an all inclusive so you had to sign for everything.it took a while to get use to it,but they were quick to get the bill for you.they even had service around the pool and the beach, plus room service which was a bonus.the hotel is a little dated and could use a Reno . The service and staff were 1st rate.
The food was great and they even had a Starbucks which was available for all inclusive guests. The rooms were clean and the beds are pillow tops ,very comfortable.our room had portable dehumidifier in it and it really made a difference.lots of beach and pool chairs around everywhere which made for a relaxing time.the island is a little quite so I recommend only a week at a time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island