I am at this resort right now due to the Memories Grand Bahamas delaying their grand opening.
The rooms need a reno, the beds are good but the bath tub is disgusting.
The restaurant options are extremely limited and the buffets have a really small selection. A big turn off for me today was the moldy tomatoes at lunch. The staff seem to hate their jobs and do not enjoy serving people. Especially the ones at the bar by the pool.
The bathrooms by the pool are completely unfit and disgusting. I have been going from the beach to my room on the 6th floor to use the washroom.
We are a group of 8 and one couple had a problem with their movie channel. When they complained to the front desk, the woman there was extremely rude and lied saying it was a problem throughout the entire resort.
Because we are on the all inclusive plan, You have to sign your life away for each drink and each meal. This makes line ups at bars worse because its time consuming.
You cannot get a bottle of water in the all inclusive, but you can get cans of soda, gatorade, beer included. Does not make sense at all!!! Management needs to address that. Tap water from the bathroom that only comes out warm is not pleasant to drink.
The majority of the staff here are not friendly and make you feel like you are inconveiniencing them. They should spend a week training with the staff from Secrets The Vine in Cancun, Mexico to learn how to treat people. I do have to mention a server named Gerard because he was actually great. And Charles the guy that sells excursions and activities in the beach is wonderful too. He is honest and friendly so book things through him. He will deliver!!
This resort has an opportunity to make a good impression on people that were not planning on coming here. If we were having a good experience, we would plan a return trip and spread the word on how great this place is. Unfortunately that is not going to happen. It would be nice to see a manager around to express our concerns but good luck finding one. They are probably hiding because they know how bad this place is.
The only saving grace is the beach, its stunning and beautiful!!!
We're here for 10 more days, wish us luck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island