Prior to my trip, I read lots of reviews of this resort. I'm happy to report that I thought the facilities were great! The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. The bathroom could use some help in some minor cosmetic areas (like a retouch on paint, etc.) but it wasn't anything that was unclean or caused any issues for my stay. The staff with whom I interacted were all very pleasant. The housekeeping ladies were so sweet! The swim up bar was great and the bartenders amusing (as bartenders should be).
I've traveled in the Bahamas before and people tend to complain that the food is expensive, but it was about what I expected. The breakfast buffet on property was a good value with a lot of options. I enjoyed going to the marketplace restaurants for dinner just to have a change of scenery as I spent most of the day on the resort property.
I'd definitely return to this property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island