I would never have suspected foul play until I read the other recent reviews. We got here around 5pm and the power was out. It remained out until around 9ish, I think. What's the big deal? This means NO BAR OR RESTAURANT SERVICE! Imagine being on a beautiful resort with no food or BEVERAGE. So what's the foul play? I now believe this is an intentional power outage to save money in the off season. Also, the market place is conveniently located across the street, but almost all restaurants were closed for the off season. It was a ghost town. Seriously. Creepy empty.
Otherwise, the resort property is beautiful and clean. Be sure to get a room on the ocean side, though. I had a view of rooftops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island