This was my second time to have Freeport as a stop on a cruise. The first time I didn't do any research, didn't book an excursion and was really disappointed with the stop overall.
However, the second time around it was my favorite port on the cruise. Based on Trip Advisor recommendations we purchased a day pass for $15 to Grand Lucayan. While you have access to the pool and the beach, with very few visitors, water activities are adjacent to the beach. We were able to go parasailing, lay on the beach, swim at the pool and use the free wifi from the restaurants. As well, the shops at Port Lucaya are just across the street.
You can take a taxi from the port to the resort from $10 round trip
You do need to bring your own towel from the ship.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island