Being in Freeport for business presents a bit of a conundrum. Most hotels cater to sun-sand-sea tourists, and the ones that don't are located in a part of town that has died a decade or more ago, and thus provide nothing more than a place to park your car, and a bed to park your body.
The Grand Lucayan, as one of the island's nicer hotels, seems to struggle to fill its rooms, and thus offers fantastic rates at the moment. You get a four-star experience, for a two- to three-star price. It is located across the street from the Port Lucaya Marketplace, which offers a great variety of dining options - and party options for later in the night.
As such, you are in a sun-sand-sea resort, in an area that also caters to a party crowd, but the rooms are far enough away from the noise to guarantee a good night's sleep. They could be a tad more contemporary. They do not quite match the lobby's theme colonial understatement, and rather give the impression of early 1990s American package travellers. They could also be a tad larger, but then again, who wants to stay in their hotel room when in the Bahamas?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island