I stayed here on Business, arriving Friday 7th June. I too shared the concerns of a previous reviewer about the college kids making noise at all hours, but I had to be awake early in the mornings so these served as an alarm for me, but could imagine others being quite upset.
The hotel is very nice, but I thought quite pricey for the standard, lots of taxes, which should really be stated a little clearer at booking.
Situated right on the south facing beach, which was great. I didn't use the water sports, but did see they were advertised as not being affiliated to the hotel.
Cleanliness was fine, food was also.
Staff were also fine and helpful.
One point did puzzle me. One side of the hotel (on the other side of the casino) was somewhat left to be reclaimed by nature and was un-used. Other than that, I thought it was very good.
You can not beat the location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island