We recently stayed at the Grand Lucayan after moving from another hotel that was not up to our expectations (see other review). Our vacation took a dramatic turn for the better once we checked into the Grand Lucayan. The resort, staff, accommodations and environment were excellent!
We stayed at the resort over the New Years week and attended the hotel party. It was fantastic - amazing food, wonderful band to dance the night away and a very good fireworks show. During our stay we also had the opportunity to dine at Churchills and China Beach. All of us loved Churchills - great service, fine dining.
The pool and beach area at the Grand Lucayan are lovely. It s very ckean, there were always empty lounge chairs to use, and drink/food service is available poolside. The pool bar makes outstanding Piña Colada's.
All of used the gym daily. It is one of the better hotel gyms that I have experienced. We also took advantage of the fitness classes offered. The yoga and Pilates classes were terrific.
We will return to the Grand Lucayan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island