Although the premises were beautiful. This hotel had horrible customer service. The staff was truly on "Island time." There was no sense of urgency when a line full of guests await the staff in the lobby, and there were not even helpful once you did get to the front of the line. We booked our stay through priceline, upon check-in I asked if there would be any additional fees, I was told there would not be. However, upon checkout there was a $15/ person per room fee, plus other taxes costing everyone an extra about $100. What really upset me though was their unwillingness to resolve anything we brought to their attention:
1. There was a toilet leakage that came into the hallway on the 3rd floor, that came into the hallway and made everything smell like feces for our entire stay. The floor remained soaked and smelly throughout our 3 day stay.
2. Upon booking the room with priceline, it didn't ask us for the number of people in the room, it automatically assumed it would be 2 people per room. So even though we had a room with only 1 guest in it, they refused to take off the extra person resort fee because of how it was booked. The front desk told us that house-keeping said there were 2 people staying in the room. So we went to house keeping to ask them to change that, since there was truly only 1 person in the room. They then told us that they receive the list from the front desk of how many people are in the room. So we went back to the front desk, and they still would not remove the fees. They told us we should've told them earlier, which we already did. It was very frustrating, the staff was not the least bit eager to assist with anyone in our party.
3. We were staying at a resort, where we are being charge about $40/ day for usage of their resort, and there were not even any towels available. Also, there were no grills on the premises, and nobody in the staff was able to tell us where we could either find another grill or a restaurant we could go to, to cook the fish we caught during our stay.
4. We tried going to the lobby to check out, and the line was literally out the door! The lady's at the front desk moved at snail speed and didn't even greet the next people in line to let them know they were ready to be seen.
I felt that this hotel was not upto Radisson standards. Yes, the beach is lovely, and the swim up bar was divine, but truly their customer service needs some severe work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island