Now let me start by staying they rate this hotel as 4 stars. It is not a 4 star resort. It has 3 star accommodations with 4 star amenities. The grounds are absolutely beautiful for this resort. The beach and the water very pretty. The pools are exceptional and very clean. They have plenty of water sports to do for a fee but they prices arent too bad. The location is excellent. It is directly across the street from the marketplace which has plenty of nightlife and cool little shops and more reasonable priced restaurants. But remember you are in the islands....and things cost more. The rooms are average but kept very clean and the rooms do have the Westins heavenly beds so they are really comfortable! The common areas are beautiful and have free WiFi. And there is plenty of security around the resort for your safety. This resort was loved by all 40 of my guests and alot of them want to go back as soon as they can!
I used the spa for my hair and nails on the day of my wedding and my bridesmaid got their hair done there as well. The spa is defiantly in need of some TLC and it is a little pricey even for the islands but the employees are wonderful and they really do a great job. My nails were done 3 weeks ago today and they still look great. And my hair dresser new exactly how to do my hair even with the humidity of the islands. And it looked great and lasted all night too!!!!
As for the wedding itself this place made the day as perfect as I could have ever imagined. From the flowers and decorations they used to on the gazebo as well as the areas where the reception and cocktail hour were being held, to the catering staff this hotel does top notch work. The catered meals were as good to look as they tasted and their wait and bar staff were equally as good. They kept drinks flowing all night long without missing a beat. They have plenty of places to choice from to get married at as well as plenty of different rooms to suite your taste and party size. And they will bend over backwards to get the job done for you the way you want it to be done! You just have to ask!!!!
In summery do not hesitate to book a trip to this wonderful resort and please keep it in mind if you need a place to do a conference or destination wedding. Its a great location with wonderful people and facilities. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan Bahamas is an elegant resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. This 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island