“Feast first with your eyes”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Freeport
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With unmatched service & attention to detail, Flying Fish offers a blend of traditional & modernist cuisine techniques not used anywhere else in the Bahamas. Focusing on local seafood & indigenous ingredients prepared with the utmost skill & creativity. Flying Fish boasts an in-house sommelier. Chef Tim Tibbitts is named in the Top 25 Chefs for 2014 in the Caribbean by Caribbean Journal. The restaurant has also been named one of the Top 5 in the Caribbean, is Fodor recommended for Grand Bahama Island and has been awarded 4 Diamond rating by AAA. Waterside dining at its finest.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

What a gem of a restaurant to find in Freeport. Some of the best food I've ever eaten has been here, and I've dined all over the world. Unusual combinations of very fresh produce. Rebecca and her husband make quite the team. Hardworking, friendly and very knowledgeable. It is a bit pricey but definitely worth it.

1  Thank Vonny M

Reviewed January 9, 2014

By far one of the best parts of my trip to the Bahama's. Coming from California it takes a lot for me to rate a restaurant 5 stars. The Calamari and scallops were the best I have ever had!!!

As a recent member of the gluten free family it is extremely hard to travel. I was extremely shocked when I mentioned I was gluten free and they came back with a gluten free menu. Amazing!!!! The staff was fantastic. Ask for Vasco!!! The owner came to our table after she heard I was GF and she let us know she was also GF. Honestly I wish this place was in San Francisco so I can give them more business. You HAVE to take the time and spend the money for a meal that will be a highlight of your trip to the Bahama's.

1  Thank Bmudd
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I took our 1 year old son to the Flying Fish this past Sunday for this first birthday. Really so WE could enjoy a fabulous meal, amazing outdoor seating and live music on his birthday.

Being from NY, we really enjoyed the amazing and gourmet menu, wine, wonderful service and gorgeous setting. We found this to be a unique experience compared to the other restaurants in Freeport. The outdoor seating is beautiful, it made us not want to leave!

Since I don't enjoy fish, I ordered the pork belly appetizer, burger and "Carnival" dessert, all of which were delicious. My husband ordered the conch burger, also great!

I highly recommend going on Sundays for the music - we were so relaxed with our son sleeping in his stroller, the great music, and starring into the water that we stayed an extra hour after we got our check. We then decided to order dessert and wine and stay longer :).

This restaurant should remain as #1 - I'm shocked that Senor Frogs is listed as #1 at the moment. Enjoy and we hope to make it back here one day!

1  Thank RachelSZNY
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been visiting Grand Bahama Island since 1973 and I have had many wonderful dining experiences throughout the years dating back to required coat and tie dress codes. I have seen many fantastic restaurants and dining establishments come and go. Without a doubt, our New Year's Eve dinner at Flying Fish is the best experience I have had in 40 years. I made reservations for my family with three children 12 and under despite the fixed menu and concerns about their tastes. We were greeted warmly at the door by Rebecca and escorted to our table. The staff is very attentive and the pace of the meal was perfect. We had ample time to let our food settle and enjoy the break between courses. The food and wine was delivered with excellent timing and we were never once rushed despite being a busy night. My wife and I found the quality and flavor of the food to be outstanding, very reminiscent of some of our favorite restaurants in Toronto. My children not only tried each dish, but devoured their meals and eagerly discussed the different flavors and textures of each course. The food was cooked and prepared perfectly and the presentation was second to none. Tim came out and spoke with us and made sure that we enjoyed the meal and asked if there was anything he could do for us. Overall, it was simply the best dining experience that I have had on Grand Bahama Island. We are taking my brother and his wife to Freeport in March and we have already scheduled spring break for the children. There is no doubt that we will all be looking forward to our next exceptional experience at Flying Fish. To Rebecca and Tim, thank you for a wonderful evening and best wishes for 2014.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Awesome food. Awesome service. Great atmosphere. Went twice on this trip and once on a previous trip. HIGHLY recommend!