“most amazing restaurant - excellent”

Flying Fish GastroBar
Ranked #2 of 121 Restaurants in Freeport
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaunched December 2017 after extensive renovations, Flying Fish is now Flying Fish Gastro Bar. The best restaurant on Grand Bahama has been rebranded! Flying Fish Gastro Bar focuses on quality food & drink in a comfortable atmosphere with a desire to serve the community.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

As a preface, I have eaten at a few 5 star restaurants in DC and NYC, this restaurant surpasses those. The food was excellent, amazing, and every other adjective I can come up with. My hustand and I had the tasting menu and our daughter ordered directly off the menu. The somolier really knew her wine and the relationships with the food. Great care was taken with every course - wow is all that I can say. Loved the use of the lion fish. Awesome dinner and can most highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Enjoyed our meal a lot. Staff that really knew their menu who were attentive but not too pushy. All dishes were presented beautifully and tasted fabulous. Well worth a visit. Interesting to see Lionfish on the menu. Several families with children were visiting when we went and enjoying their experience which was good to see

1  Thank LDGK90
Reviewed August 6, 2013

food was very gourmet. more like 5 star dining, a short walk from our hotel, grand lucaynan, make a reservation. right on the water. very modern, delicious!!!

1  Thank meli13_12
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

OMG I'm so happy I did not follow for the simplicity of the name because I was truely impressed by this place. From the atmosphere to the service to the art of each dish to the actual taste of every single dish was excellent. Even the dessert was work of art & creativity & combination of beautiful tastes that are so delicious I wished I lived there to eat there more often. The only bad thing was White powder they used in few dishes, which was disgusting but even that didnt change my enjoyment of the whole experience!

1  Thank Aliyaaah
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have had the privilege of eating in many restaurants on almost every island of The Bahamas from Paradise Island to Harbour Island and well beyond and this was by far the single best and most creative meal I have ever had in The Bahamas. Fantastic cocktails (the Mango/Cilantro Margarita rocks!), excellent service and style and stellar, world-class dining. An kudos to the chef/owner for serving Lionfish as a regular menu item - his commitment to not only culinary excellence but to conservation in The Bahamas has been noted and is appreciated by this patron. Thank you.

3  Thank Mike H