“Who would believe Freeport has a restaurant like this”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Freeport
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With unmatched service & attention to detail, Flying Fish offers a blend of traditional & modernist cuisine techniques not used anywhere else in the Bahamas. Focusing on local seafood & indigenous ingredients prepared with the utmost skill & creativity. Flying Fish boasts an in-house sommelier. Chef Tim Tibbitts is named in the Top 25 Chefs for 2014 in the Caribbean by Caribbean Journal. The restaurant has also been named one of the Top 5 in the Caribbean, is Fodor recommended for Grand Bahama Island and has been awarded 4 Diamond rating by AAA. Waterside dining at its finest.
Orlando, Florida
“Who would believe Freeport has a restaurant like this”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been visiting Frreport 3-4 times a year for the last 6 years and I have enjoyed several good restaurants but never anything like this place. OMG this is a super high end place, with fresh, unique, amazing entrees and starters that will blow you away, and not at high end prices. The ambiance is eclectic, modern, with a beautiful indoor and outdoor dining areas and lounge on a secured barge with lovely sofas and tables.
I live in Orlando and have enjoyed great meals there and in awesome cities like San Fransicso and New York, Boston and Seattle and this place can meet that competion head on. Freeport is a tourist destination that has been a secret that needs to be found and this should be your first stop when you get there.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank wannabetraveller10

Miami, Florida
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Granted, we have been big fans of Chef Tim Tibbits and his sommelier wife Rebecca since the days of their previous (adventure) East restaurant, also in Freeport.
We walked into Flying Fish wanting to say hi to our friends and expecting to have, without a doubt, the best dining experience in the Bahamas (not only Grand Bahamas). Much to our surprise, we found that Flying Fish not only measures up to East but represents and significant quantum leap in therms of inventiveness, creativity, technique and (if that was ever possible) service. Flying Fish is clearly one of the best restaurants in the Caribbean and certainly the best in the entire Bahamas. When in Freeport, do not miss Flying Fish.

PD: Save some room for dessert

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Francisco G
Nashville
“Loved!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We happened to have the good fortune to make a reservation on Sunday over the Memorial Holiday weekend and Chef Tim (owner/chef) was hosting a causal night with music played by...Chef Tim. The music was great and my buddy said he felt like Chef Tim knew his IPod playlist. We ordered the scallops and cheese appetizers. The scallops were a tad undercooked but it was nothing worth complaining over. The drinks were great and the happy hour was a nice deal - 5 dollar house wine and other assorted selections. I ordered the mahi mahi fish sticks - which were really good but the shaved potato while it looked nice on the plate was difficult to eat since it was so thin. But, the best part of the meal was the desserts. If you have the chance go on a Sunday it really made the trip to have a good meal and listen to great music as the sun set on the water.

Visited May 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best Dinner on the Island”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This has to be the best dinner I had on the entire Grand Bahama Island, and the second best restaurant dinner I have eaten in my life. The service is impectable by US standards. The atmosphere is very delightful and up to date. The food is just beyound belief. The Canadian couple running this restaurant is up to date on food styles and building of flavors. It is expensive to eat there, but not expensive in terms of it you are looking for an upscale place to eat. Our waiter was on top of things without being intrusive. Our food was delivered timely from the appetitzer down to the dessert. The wine was perfect for what we ordered. Location is across the street from the Grand Lucayan Hotel and right next to the Pelican Bay Hotel. It is right next to the Lucayan Market if you need markers to get you there. All within easy walking distance of these locations. If you are looking for a NICE dinner out while vacationing on the Grand Bahama Island you will not be disappointed with the Flying Fish.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tammy_McD
St. Simons Island
“More show than substance”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We ate at Flying Fish twice while we were on the island. While I liked the food, I expected more given the reviews and recommendations I read on the internet. The service was excellent and the staff were all very friendly and professional. The atmosphere was good. The food, however, was prettier than it was good. I love good presentation, but I expect the taste of the food to match the show. It's not that there was anything bad, just that a number of the dishes had tasteless components. There was nothing in two meals that I would rave about. Like some of the other reviewers, I don't think the price is justified. I was much more satisfied with the curry at Pices which was much less expensive. The only reason we went back a second time was that a group we were with had already booked a reservation.

• Visited May 2013