“Impressive for Bahamas”

Flying Fish
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Freeport
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With unmatched service & attention to detail, Flying Fish offers a blend of traditional & modernist cuisine techniques not used anywhere else in the Bahamas. Focusing on local seafood & indigenous ingredients prepared with the utmost skill & creativity. Flying Fish boasts an in-house sommelier. Chef Tim Tibbitts is named in the Top 25 Chefs for 2014 in the Caribbean by Caribbean Journal. The restaurant has also been named one of the Top 5 in the Caribbean, is Fodor recommended for Grand Bahama Island and has been awarded 4 Diamond rating by AAA. Waterside dining at its finest.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Impressive for Bahamas”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I live in DC and I visit NYC often so I have had more than my share of upscale dining experiences such as 1789, Citronelle, Jean Georges, etc.... this was not quite there but wants to be. Being from Boston, I mistakenly ordered the lobster as part of the prix fixe and it was simply below par in my opinion, chewy and a bit fishy, not sweet and succulent as all lobster should be. I have no doubt that I should have ordered something other than lobster, such as the conch, nothing will top New England for lobster. The sauce, potatoes and asparagus were lovely. The scallops and tuna were cooked to perfection and the taste exquisite. Service and presentations were outstanding. Desserts, part of it was good, other parts not very good and could have been better while the other selection was stupendous. Drinks wonderful. Beautiful view, good portions, outside patio and for Freeport, this is the best you will get. If you are celebrating a special day (I was, my bday!) this is the place (you will probably spend close to $200 for two). In summary, the food needs to be tasted by the chef before it is served and if it is not exceptional, it should not be served. The menu needs to be pared to only those items that are truly exceptional because hit or miss will create an average dining experience.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank JJ D

“Words can't describe what a magnificent experience this place is.”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were there recently to celebrate our anniversary and had this restaurant recommended to us. We can't thank them enough for sending us to the best restaurant we have ever had the privilege to experience. Atmosphere, Food, Service, Presentation just top shelf
Kudos to Chef Tim for creating a truly world class experience .

1 Thank MousesDad
New York City, New York
“Hands Down the Best Food on Grand Bahama Island-Not to be Missed”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My fiance lives on Grand Bahama for work so I come down here fairly often, usually around 5-6 times a year. The food selection on the island is not great and we were getting VERY sick of going to the same 3-4 restaurants which are decent on the island. Since Flying Fish opened my life on the island has improved DRAMATICALLY. Not only is Flying Fish a great restaurant for Freeport, it's a great restaurant anywhere. I admit it, I live in NY, I am a giant food snob and very picky and Flying Fish is amazing food and wonderful service. Even at the best meaning places in Freeport, service can be shall we say a bit sluggish and not all that professional. At bad places it can be non existent. At Flying Fish you will get wonderful food with professional, warm, attentive service. The owner is the chef and his wife the sommelier. I highly recommend doing the wine pairing and tasting menu at least once. It is pricey but very worth it and certainly less expensive than you would pay for such high quality food and service in a major city in the US. So happy that they are succeeding as the restaurant really is a great thing for the island...and for ME! Dying to try brunch there. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank philippa f
Calgary, Canada
“Gourmet Food in Bahamas”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Incredible gourmet dining experience with outstanding food. Prices were fiar for quality of food, service was excellent

Visited April 2012
2 Thank SteveD282
Rochester, New York, United States
“Best meal of our vacation”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We enjoyed the 3-course meal at the Flying Fish last evening. We started the night with many unique cocktails including a cucumber infused gin & tonic and a cilantro mango margarita! Fantastic to go along with the amazing waterfront seating we enjoyed. Wednesday is oyster night so 2 of our party of 4 enjoyed them while the others chose scallops and a crab & tempura avocado salad. Second courses were equally satisfying. Final courses included a creative take on key lime pie, a chocolate hazelnut dessert and a cheese plate.

We received outstanding service, high quality food and an atmosphere that was better than any other restaurant on the island. Enjoy!

Visited August 2012