“Good times and good food”
Review of China Beach

China Beach
Ranked #29 of 121 Restaurants in Freeport
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our chic China Beach restaurant offers a culinary tour of the Pacific Rim, with an appetizing menu inspired by the exotic flavors of Vietnam, Thailand, Korea, Indonesia and Malaysia. Specialties prepared by our talented chefs include mouth-watering sushi dishes and fresh Bahamian seafood. Imaginative and colourful Asian decor sees scarlet parasols doubling as chandeliers in a restaurant that seems to float above the resort's serpentine swimming pool.
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I don't know what the previous reviews are talking about. I was with a party of 14 people. The food was delivered quickly and hot. The only negative was the teriyaki chicken was s little dry and was solved by adding sauce from spicy beef platter. The staff was friendly and attentive. The building us decorated nicely and ghe view if ocean is great!

1  Thank Textrav14

Reviewed April 16, 2013

...it's not a bad place. They don't serve chinese everynight though. One night is chinese, one night is local Bahamian Buffet. Also, we were told on the phone that they didn't have any availability for reservations till 7:30. Due to torrential rains that day, a couple were were supposed to meet there at 5:30 (before we both knew we needed a reservation) showed up at 5:30 only to be told that there were no openings until 7:30 even though there was no one in the place. Once we were seated, (a window seat near the beach and ocean)...we got down to business and ordered our meals. The portion sizes are quite large and we all had leftovers to bring home for lunch the next day. The food is a little on the salty side. BUT...overall a good experience and if I were to visit Freeport again, I would definitely return to China Beach.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

When we booked they told us that they closed at 10pm so we needed to come earlier that we wanted. The staff were unprofessional and therefore the service was as bad as the food.was. This restaurant/hotel need to get managers out of their offices and on to the floor. Very bad food service and a bad advert for the island. It was like the staff could not careless about the jobs and the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped in this restaurant for dinner and the hostess didn't say anything to us except 9:30. I said excuse me, is that what time you close? She said no, that's what time you can be seated. The whole front of the restaurant was empty tables, and from what I could see, there were also many empty tables in the back. The restaurent was not busy. I asked her if we could sit at one these empty tables in the lounge and order food as well as drinks. She said " you can sit here and order drinks but you can't have any food".
She was rude. The restaurant is obviously managed very poorly. I wouldn't waste my time going back. Too bad because we love the resort. Don't waste your time here, walk across the street to the marketplace restaurants where they are actually happy to see you.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We sat at the bar for a drink-- good pina colada, strawberry daquiri was bright red colored with grenadine (yuck). Bar service was fine. Restaurant seemed to be busy with many people waiting to be seated for dinner. Menu items were $$$$.