We had a great time at the Island Seas! The staff was great--very caring and concerned. We had several calls to our room to make sure all was well. Hubert, the activities director, called us at home when we got back just to check on us! We had a problem with the phone in the kitchen area which was taken care of very promptly. The room was beautiful, as were the beach and resort grounds. We used the laundry facilty and felt quite safe in leaving our items in the dryer while we went to the beach. We took the free shuttle to Lucaya a couple of times. The resort also provides a free shuttle to the grocery store on Mondays. We attended the Junkanoo festival on Thursday night and took the bus back to Island Seas for only $2 each person. The taxis are very expensive ($25 to the airport) so we found the best way to get around was by renting a car. ($150 for three days--see Hubert at the resort). We went from one end of the island to another. Favorite activities: Snorkeling at Paradise Cove/Deadman's Reef (we took our own gear and only paid $3 each to snorkel); Lucaya National Park and Gold Rock Beach (there is a $3 entrance fee but the ranger was not there when we were so we did not have to pay); Banana Bay Bar and Restaurant (very quaint, reasonable--right on the beach, you can swim after you eat); Pier 1 was fun but expensive; Junkanoo festival; rent a jet ski. Try conch every way you can! We had a great time and look forward to staying at the Island Seas again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island